For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
At HNTB, we’re encouraged to go beyond discovering mere solutions that will impact our very landscape. We are encouraged to ask, “What if?” Our HNTB family fosters an inventive and resourceful commitment to finding unique answers to complex problems. We believe that the act of wondering sparks creativity. We will work to foster your creativity, career and personal growth. Come join HNTB and unleash your spark of imagination.
For you, “together” can mean the chance to put together an exciting career. At HNTB “together” also means collaborating across geographies and disciplines within the firm. And “together” means that we are partners with our clients. Our goals are linked, and their success is our success. “Together” means that we are engaged in the communities we serve — we live there — and are committed to their growth and development.
The time is right to join HNTB Corporation! HNTB is currently seeking an Aviation Project Manager I for our rapidly growing office located in Bellevue, WA!
HNTB Aviation Division conducts a wide range of aviation planning, engineering design and construction administration services primarily at large hub airports, including SEA, PDX, SLC and others.
Responsible for the leadership and management of a team in support of the project’s profitable operation. Responsible for proactively managing the projects technical budget (direct labor and expenses, including technical sub-consultants), schedule, technical requirements, contractual obligations, project communications and HNTB’s 4 for 4 performance: delivery of quality work, on time, on budget and to the client’s satisfaction on every project. Responsible for gross revenue of <$5M.
- Performs technical discipline tasks including research, reports, design, specification and plan preparation to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects.
- Actively manages project scope, schedule and budget. Serves as the primary client liaison to bring the schedule, budgets and scope of work to completion and to the client’s satisfaction.
- Implements the firm’s project delivery plan using HNTB's Sophisticated Delivery Approach (SDA) on each project.
- Develops project scope and fee quotation, and assists in the preparation of proposals and contracts.
- Coordinates work efforts and reviews of work performed by project team. Supervises and mentors team to overall project objectives.
- Oversees project staffing with departments, offices and divisions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The position involves management, oversight, design coordination, project execution and control with a minimum of oversight for airport development projects, including airside (runways, taxiways, etc.) and terminal (ramp and ramp services) and landside (roadways, parking, circulation, etc.) elements.
The Project Manager I manages scope, budget, design, and time schedules from client negotiations, initial start-up through project closeout, and is accountable for handling and coordination among assigned design team design aspects on projects.
The PM I serves as project liaison with clients on project efforts, and may be responsible for projects with fees up to $5M. Projects can consist of any service from feasibility analysis through final designs (drawings, specifications and estimates) and construction administration support.
- Actively manage project scope, schedule and budget, with responsibility for delivering projects with high quality work, on schedule, within budget, and to clients satisfaction.
- Conduct frequent client contact at all levels. Serve as liaison with client at staff level within the discipline, and exercise the ability to discover client needs and guide project development to meet those needs.
- Perform technical discipline tasks including research, reports, design, specifications and plan preparation to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects.
- Implement the firms project delivery plan using HNTBs Sophisticated Delivery Approach (SDA) on each project.
- Develop project scope and fee quotations, and assist in the preparation of proposals and contracts.
- Coordinate work efforts and reviews of work performed by project team. Supervise and mentor team to achieve overall project objectives.
- Oversee completeness and accuracy of project teams work. Supervise and guide team to overall project objectives
- Oversee and coordinate multiple disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
- Perform quality reviews of work performed by others, implementing HNTBs prescribed Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Oversee project staffing in coordination with departments, offices and divisions as appropriate.
- Perform tasks and duties under very general supervision within the scope of general processes, policies and procedures.
- Analyze problems and perform need assessments. Solve complex project challenges and problems. Refer perceived exceptions to policy and procedures to supervisor.
- Regularly exercise independent judgment in adapting broad guidelines to achieve desired results, and make recommendations that may affect project policies and procedures.
- Make decisions that may steer multiple work groups, disciplines, or offices in coordination with supervisor, office management, and other project leadership personnel as appropriate.
- Present project concepts and solutions to clients in settings ranging from informal to formal, with the ability to respond to questions, comments, and criticisms in a positive manner.
- Assist supervisor and office leadership with hiring, supervising, developing and evaluating performance of staff members.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering
8 years relevant experience
Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering plus a minimum of 10 years of related experience required, including design engineering on airport development or rehabilitation projects.
- Professional Engineer (Civil) registration. - PE
- Comprehensive understanding and experience with airport design, planning, and construction, preferably at large or medium hub airports
- Ability to accommodate occasional domestic travel (25%)
- Familiarity with MS Office suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to conduct engineering management and design tasks with very limited supervision
- Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Familiarity with airport terminal areas, such as aircraft parking, passenger boarding bridges, utility coordination
- Airfield lighting and/or Navaid layout and design experience
- Familiarity with airport grading and utility design in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Quantity & cost estimating
- QA/QC experience
- MS Project or other scheduling software
- Construction administration and/or resident engineering experience
- Positive professional relationships with airport and/or FAA personnel
- Experience with proposal/SOQ development
Combination Office and Field Environment: Most work is performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to potentially unpleasant working conditions. Incumbent must have the ability to stand and sit frequently and reach horizontally as well as vertically for overhead use. Work may infrequently be performed at clients job site, construction trailer, and in the field. Work may sometimes require working in inclement weather, working in a construction site, being exposed to heavy construction equipment and doing extensive walking. Adherence to applicable safety protocol is required.
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.
“EEO is the Law” Poster
“EEO is the Law” Poster Supplement