Office Location: Downtown Minneapolis
This is a 3-6 month contract role with our client in the telecommunications industry. The Live Technical Writer I is responsible working with a Field Technician via a live Skype audio and video session to gather and confirm appropriate data to create Maximum Permissible Exposure (MPE) compliance reports in accordance with FCC and client standards.
- Analyze data collected by Field Technicians during site visits for correctness and completeness.
- Verify antennas, and areas of concern as it pertains to site compliance.
- Identify Antenna/Frequency Band from photos of antennas.
- Decipher client antenna data.
- Demonstrate and employ a general understanding of MPE calculations with a focus on the impact of small aperture antennas.
- Determine a MPE compliance verdict for the site based upon collected data and prescribed compliance guidelines.
- Direct the Field Technicians on what signs to post based on theoretical modelings.
- Ensure the site is compliant before the Technician leaves the site.
- Achieve daily/weekly/monthly production and quality targets as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to organize, manage job expectations as priorities shift from project to project.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Clear and professional written and verbal communications.
- Proficiency in MS Visio is a plus.