Business Intel & Analytics Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
HYBRID POSITION IN SAN DIEGO OFFICE
Our client, a technology leader in the energy and smart grid sector is seeking a Business Intel & Analytics Specialist. You will be responsible for gathering business requirements, assessing feasibility, and building analytics in SQL, C# or Python. You'll also be involved in creating user interface and visualizations. In this position, you will play a key role in providing actionable data insights to our customers. We are looking for someone passionate about using data to generate impactful insights and have a strong desire to partner with customers to create new business value using analytics. This is the ideal position for someone with a math, engineering, data science, or physics background who is interested in using data to solve problems.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage new use case and business intelligence development:
- Lead or participate in customer discovery meetings
- Turn customer requests into requirements
- Manage customer communication
- Organize and lead customer training sessions on new features and functionality.
- Create new or improve existing algorithms based on customer or other input.
- Develop data visualizations that illuminate business insights.
- Document project goals, plans, timelines, as-completed work efforts, meeting notes, issues, risks, and any other contracted requirements.
- BS Degree in Engineering, Data Science, Business Analytics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field. Advanced degree is beneficial.
- 3+ years of experience developing and/or managing development of analytics and data visualizations.
- Demonstrated leadership and history of success in a customer-facing role.
- A strong fundamental understanding of analytic techniques and desire for continuous learning in an evolving field.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL including queries, stored procedures, and indexing.
- Intermediate to advanced experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in a customer facing role and/or as a project manager.
- Experience managing SaaS software deployments is preferred.
- Experience working with utilities and understanding their business challenges is desirable.
HNM Systems, Inc.Why Work Here?
Amazing company culture, cutting edge technology and lots of room for growth!
It is the policy of HNM Systems, Inc., to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information and/or marital status. HNM Systems, Inc is compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.
AddressSan Diego, CA