HMSA is currently seeking Sales Representatives, in the Honolulu or Kapolei locations.
The Hawaii Medical Service Association (HMSA) is a member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, an association of independent Medical insurance providers. We are a nonprofit mutual benefit association founded in 1938, and we cover more than half of the state’s population.
In this role, you will be the principal HMSA contact for prospective and current Oahu employers and members inquiring about small group health plans, individual plans, Medicare plans and Usable Life product options that are available through HMSA. To do this you, will need to have a strong customer service or sales background, and we will help you succeed by providing the extensive training you will need to be successful in this role. So,If this sounds like you, please apply!
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone coming from a customer service or sales background who would like an opportunity to grow in a new career, so if this sounds like something you would be interested in, Please Apply!
- Perform quick and efficient transaction fulfillment of telephone calls or email from prospective or current HMSA employer groups and members, which are warm leads.
- Meet established marketing plan goals, and achieve annual sales revenue and membership growth objectives by effectively promoting and closing prospective sales opportunities.
- Support phone inquiries for senior plan sales during annual enrollment period.
- Proactively promote HMSA and Usable product options, and meet established HMSA and USAble sales goals.
- Protect HMSA's market share through the successful renewal and retention of assigned accounts.
- Document all prospect inquiries, outcomes, and follow up on sales enrollment opportunities via the telephone or in writing.
- Prepare proposals for new small group, new individual plans, Medicare plans, plan upgrades, and additions and modifications to existing plans.
- Meet goals, sales and retention quotas, and minimum activity standards.
- Serve as the "face of HMSA" to provide HMSA products and servicing to our small business, individual plan and Medicare plan customers.
- Coordinate problem solving associated with group and member inquiries.
- Manage internal and external customer relationships to ensure that employer/member product and servicing needs are identified and addressed.
- Expand relationships with groups through the sale of new products.
- All employees are assigned to health, and product fairs and public service events throughout the year, to represent HMSA at public events.
- Maintain accurate records of all account activity and provide management with a weekly report on sales opportunities, proposals, jeopardy/lost accounts, sales activities, and servicing issues.
- Associates degree or two (2) years related work experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer servicing skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem analysis skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Active license with the state of Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs or pass all four sections of the state licensing examination within three months of hire date. Having an active license to sell Health, Life and Group Insurance products in the state of Hawaii is a condition of employment.
- Associates Degree and 3 plus years of related work experience.
- Have sold health insurance in the past.
- Active License with the state of Hawaii Department of Commerce and consumer affairs.