Human Resources Generalist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
With a career at HMSHost, you really benefit! We Offer
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Quarterly bonus of 10% to 20%.
- Generous paid time off (vacation, flex, or sick)
- Holiday pay
- Meal and Transportation Benefits
- *401(k) retirement plan with company match or Pension
- *Company-paid life insurance
- *Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Training and exciting career growth opportunities
- Referral program – refer a friend and earn a bonus
The Field HR Generalist supports efforts to effectively administer HR policies and procedures in a branch or multiple branches. The position bridges the gap between strategic and tactical HR functions, initiatives, and processes. This pivotal role uses judgment and discretion to provide problem-solving advice and counsel to the DO/SrDO, operations management, and branch staff, or to escalate HR issues as required. Ensures all administrative processes and procedures are carried out. The Generalist typically leads branch or area-level projects, and may serve as a team member on regional HR projects. The Generalist may assist with developing policies and procedures unique to the branch, and shares best practices with Generalists at other branches. This is an exempt position and reports to the HR Manager or Regional HR Director.
- Establishes and maintains a position of trusted adviser to all operations managers.
- Partners with the HR Manager to establish and maintain a positive and visible HR presence in the branch among associates at all levels.
- Identifies trends and regularly communicates branch level issues with the HR Manager
- Collaborates with and provides daily advice to operations managers on employee discipline, performance management, retention, engagement, rewards, and recognition.
- Maintains in depth technical knowledge of HR best practices, federal/state/local regulations and statutes, and company HR policies and procedures, ensuring they are fully considered before HR decisions are made. As applicable, fully understands collective bargaining agreement, and answers questions related to union practices.
- Conducts confidential HR counseling, investigations and exit interviews
- Gathers, analyzes, understands, and monitors operational data and useful HR metrics such as turnover rates, wage rates, staffing levels, diversity, and sales data to help forecast and plan for staffing needs.
- Collaborates with regional HR staff to proactively source, recruit, screen, interview, offer, hire, and orient candidates/new hires. Develops and maintains relationships with community based organizations to enhance applicant pool.
- Develops and delivers new hire orientation, required policy training and corporate developed trainings.
- Understands airport/landlord policies and procedures and partners with operations to ensure compliance.
- Responds to associate inquiries and questions related to compensation, leave, scheduling, assignments, complaints, policies and procedures, and the full-cycle on-boarding process.
Performs general HR functions including but not limited to employee file maintenance, preparation of logs, and PeopleSoft systems data entry and maintenance
Requires 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience
Requires minimum of 3-5 years of HR Recruiting or related HR Generalist experience
Requires the study and knowledge to earn SHRM certification will provide a foundation for successful performance in this role
Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as interact comfortably with associates
Requires leadership skills and ability to be part of a team with minimal day-to-day supervision
Requires working knowledge of HR technical subjects
Requires proficiency with HR and business software/systems and experience with preparing documents, spreadsheets and presentations
Requires national, regional, and area travel
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
17801 International BlvdSeattle, WA
Get fresh Human Resources Benefits Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!