Part Time Shipping Clerk
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Part Time Shipping Clerk Summary:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with shipment of products, materials, and supplies (freight and small packages).
- Collaborates and communicates with logistics technicians, customer service representatives, service providers, and others involved in the shipment of products.
- Tracks, traces, and updates the status of outgoing shipments.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and member-ready area.
- Engages with drivers with a positive attitude.
- Provides additional backup support for shipping department.
- Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace and always perform work safely.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Pulling, packing, and loading
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency
- Able to work independently and within a team
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- 6 months logistics, retail, or customer service experience
- Forklift Certification within 90 days of job entry date
- Familiarity with Radio Frequency (RF) equipment is preferred
- Ability to effectively organize assigned work so that job tasks are performed efficiently, accurately, according to schedule
- Basic computer navigation and utilization skills and knowledge.
- High degree of attention to detail, self-motivation, and ability to work with minimal supervision.
General Physical Requirements: light to moderate work – required to exert up to 30 lbs. of force regularly up to 40 lbs. of force occasionally
Working Conditions: this position is subject to an inside working environment and will be exposed to:
- noise - loud, sharp, extended, impulse; up to, and occasionally more than, 85dBA (which may use of hearing protection,)
- vibration - directed to hands, wrists, elbows, shoulders from the use of electric and pneumatic (impact) hand tools of varying sizes
- hazards – electric current; oils and lubricants; moving mechanical parts; chemical cleaners and solvents; sharp edges on stainless steel and other components and metal shavings airborne dust, occasional intense light from welding in work area or adjacent work areas; working on elevated platforms, ladders, and scaffolds
• Physical Activities, Ergonomic Considerations: this position may be exposed to:
- standing, walking for majority of work shift
- reaching in any direction, above and below shoulder level
- lifting, carrying, pulling, pushing objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
- performing work in a crouched, squatting, kneeling, or stooped position (body bent forward and down from waist) for extended periods of time
- crawling under trucks and truck chassis and performing precision work while laying prone or crouched with arms raised upwards, for extended periods
- repetitive grasping, pinching with fingers; repetitive pulling, pushing, twisting of wrists, elbows, and shoulders
- balancing while on an elevated platform, ladder, or scaffold
- stepping up to work surfaces up to 26 inches in height.
HME is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all employees and applicants. HME prohibits discrimination in employment opportunities or employment practices based on race, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at HME, Inc.