The Director of Operations is responsible for overseeing HLP’s Mail Processing and Scanning Center. These include planning, reporting, goal setting and management, process optimization, training, program implementation, compensation design and administration, and recruiting and selection of the center’s talent. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Director of Operations fosters close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure there is complete alignment between the Mail Processing and Scanning Center and their clients to ensure organizational and success.
- Directs the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth for the Mail Processing and Scanning Center from the ground up.
- Works in a consultative fashion with other department heads, such as IT and accounting, to improve their efficiency and effectiveness of the client experience.
- Responsible for the optimal deployment of Mail Processing Center personnel. Makes recommendations for changing roles, coverage models, or team configurations in order to maximize productivity. Leads a change management process to build organizational understanding of proposed changes, establish support from key leadership stakeholders, and effectively implement new deployment and job models.
- Works closely with COO to define the optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure organization success. Aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs with these performance management priorities.
- Works closely with COO and Human Resources, establishes a training plan focused on developing and reinforcing critical competencies.
- Provide leadership to department heads in a fashion that supports the company’s culture, mission and values.
- Conducts research and case studies on leading edge technologies and makes determinations on the probability of implementation.
- Ensure priorities and timeline expectations are clearly understood; manage conflicts as needed.
- Set measurable goals for all team members and conduct performance reviews
- Develop standard templates and processes across the department.
- Define success metrics and reporting mechanism and channel learning back to the team and the business.
- Develop and deliver executive presentations on status, metrics, and improvement roadmap.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and help balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Achievement of firm department, profit, and strategic objectives.
- Accountable for the on-time implementation of department organization quotas and performance objectives.
- Accountable for the thorough implementation of organization’s overall strategic and department objectives.
- Accountable for accurate and on-time reporting essential for department effectiveness.
- Achievement of strategic objectives defined by company management.
- Reports to the COO
- Directly manages Mail Processing and Scanning Center management team.
- Fosters close, cooperative relationships with peer leaders and other senior executives.
- Four year college degree from an accredited institution; Masters in Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum five years in leading operations at a mail processing center, scanning operation, or similar business.
- Ideal candidates will be familiar with Ephesoft and IBML.
- Experience successfully managing analytically rigorous corporate initiatives.
- All prospective employees must pass a background check.