Director of Nursing - Long Term Care
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Role Description: Hilo Medical Center Director of Nursing
When it comes to caring for your family, friends, neighbors and colleagues, Hilo Medical Center is always ready to deliver exceptional and compassionate care. Hilo Medical Center is a nationally recognized Top Performing 5-star hospital located on the island of Hawaii. Hilo Medical Center is part of the East Hawaii Region (EHR) of Hawaii Health Systems Corporation, which also includes Kau Hospital, Hale Hoola Hamakua, the Yukio Okutsu State Veterans Home and the network of primary and specialty clinics within the East Hawaii Health Clinics. To learn more about our recent accomplishments, view our Video Yearbook.
You will be relocated to paradise: waterfalls, white sand beaches, year round beautiful weather and breath taking landscapes, just to name a few... ALL WHILE DOING THE WORK YOU LOVE! Additionally, this opportunity offers you the opportunity to join a high-performing and tight-knit team committed to caring for the local community. You would benefit from an outstanding leadership and support team around you, helping to ensure you are equipped for success as you work to improve processes and uphold standards of clinical excellence. As Hilo Medical Center seeks to expand its long-term care facility from 42 to 66 beds in the coming year, you would also be able to position the organization for success as an integral team member in the growth plans.
The Director of Nursing is a Registered Professional Nurse who is responsible for Nursing leadership, planning, human resource management, quality of health care, the allocation of financial, physical, and human resources, compliance with regulatory and licensing requirements, promotion of the hospital, emergency planning and ongoing management of the Hospital clinical operations within. Nursing Services include all nursing functions and personnel. In addition to assisting the Hospital Administrator on a daily basis, this position assumes the administrative functions during his/her absence.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Graduation with a Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university. Masters degree preferred. Evidence of continuing education should be demonstrated including coursework in nursing.
- Ten to fifteen (10-15) years of long-term care nursing experience with sufficient previous nursing administrative experience.
- Candidates with either an Associates degree in Nursing or experience in acute or post-acute care while dealing with long-term care patient flow may also be considered, given they meet other requirements.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Certification in Advanced Nursing Administration is highly desirable.
- Possession of a license to practice as a professional nurse in the State of Hawaii required at time of hire. (NOTE can be obtained during final pre-hire stages).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Defines the overall philosophy and objectives of the Hospital Clinical services and interprets same to the staff.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the organization's vision and values through actions and decisions by taking initiative, measurable risks, and assumes responsibility for actions taken.
- Provides leadership and direction of Hospital Clinical operations to ensure compliance with established objectives, Standards of Nursing Practice, and goals for quality care.
- Demonstrates continuous employee communication as a core management value in addition to proficiency in verbal and written skills. Communicates appropriately to individuals and/or groups and is sensitive to cultural factors.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with Administrator, nursing leaders, and other department heads and subordinates.
- Maintains high ethical professional standards and conducts self accordingly.
- Participates in short-term and long-range financial planning. Ensures that goals and plans of assigned areas adhere to the financial and strategic goals of the organization.
- Establishes staffing requirements to ensure appropriate staffing of Hospital Clinical Operations to meet the needs of patient care. Maintains and directs a staff education program for orientation, continuing education, and skill training programs for personnel.
MEDICAL/PHYSICAL EXAMINATION REQUIREMENT
Offers of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a pre-employment physical examination, which includes drug screen and other regulatory medical requirements such as, but not limited to, two-step tuberculosis (TB) screen. The cost for physical examinations, except the cost for drug screening, shall be borne by the applicant and not the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for Hawaii Health Systems Corporation. After receiving a conditional offer of employment, all prospective new HHSC employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. New employees are required to provide confirmation of their full vaccination status by presenting their CDC vaccination card or VAMS Certificate prior to their start date.
As part of our recruitment process for this position, we require candidates who do not currently work for our organization to take a series of pre-employment assessments after they have submitted their applications. Please look for an email confirmation containing instructions for the pre-assessment.
To be considered for this position applicants must complete and submit the following items:
- Candidates should apply at: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/cs/hhsc/#/job/4379.
- Candidates will interview with a Spirit Consulting recruiter for a pre-screening interview followed by an interview with the client manager from Spirit Consulting to determine if their qualifications meet or exceed those necessary for presentation to HMC.
- Finalists will then be presented by Spirit Consulting to HMC. Candidates designated for interviews will have video and in person interviews coordinated with the HMC search committee.
- Candidates are debriefed by the Spirit Consulting hiring manager after their on-site interview.
- Candidates that progress to this point will have reference and background checks administered on them.
- HMC will then determine a final candidate designated to be hired and extend an offer letter.
HILO MEDICAL CENTER
Get fresh Director Nursing jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.