Collects, Files, Stores and guards evidence collected for Forensic investigation or litigation. Arranges records of articles according to chain of custody procedures and preserves evidence database. Free evidence being kept to designated party for court presentation or other disposition. Sustains storage facility and coordinates proper disposal of sensitive materials including desktop/laptop computers, hard drives, CD or DVD, etc.
Things you need to do:
Collecting packages containing client media or evidence
Preserve proper chain of custody for all incoming and outgoing packages
Trace all daily incoming or outgoing packages in a log for auditing purposes
Produce and organize all shipping requests from the Client Services, Intake, and Forensics Departments. Including packaging courier tasks for FedEx Facilities
Register all incoming media or evidence into the evidence database
Store, guard, and preserve all media or evidence in a storage facility
Accomplish monthly audits of the evidence database and storage facility
Releases evidence being retained to designated parties for court presentation or other disposition
Help the Intake Team with evidence handling by connecting hard drives to Intake workstations for access by remote technicians
Give evidence reporting to Client Services on a regular basis
Order and Preserve an adequate supply of hard drives, CD or DVDs, shipping materials, etc. This includes RMA of bad drives.
Preserve an accurate inventory of all hard drives in a database
Always maintain a clean and well-organized media room
• Requires 1-3 years of related experience
• Familiarity with chain of custody procedures
• An understanding of data collection & preservation principles
• Keen eye for detail, accuracy, and organization – this is an absolute “must have”
• Ability to solve problems, prioritize, and multi-task in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with customer service focus
• Ability to work successfully in a team environment as well as independently.
• Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
• Self-motivated, self-directed and the ability to take initiative and solve problems
• Develop Knowledge of All Shipping vendor procedures (FedEx, UPS, USPS, Courier, etc)