POSITION PURPOSE: To develop and execute the annual business and sales plan for Tobacco and business units. This
will involve Sales and Merchandising of Tobacco products in assigned retail stores. This position
is responsible for directing the support functions and the resources of the Corporation and
Division in order to deliver the unit’s brand, sales, share, and profit objectives. This position takes
a leadership role in initiating and executing business building projects such as new accounts,
products, sizes, line extensions and promotional packs. To accomplish the above under the
direction and guidance of the President.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops the annual volume, sales and business plan for the Hawaiian Isles Enterprizes
brands / lines to meet budgeted financial objectives.
2. Develops and recommends objectives and strategies in all areas of sales management to
achieve short and long term objectives for involved brands and products. These objectives
and strategies include all key functional areas such as sales, pricing, trade and promotional
development, field execution, merchandising, packaging, research, and publicity. Analyze
accounts and market opportunities, competitor activity and address internal issues.
Coordinates and assists in the development of business reviews and proposals and all other
3. Develops and recommends specific territory and island case / dollar volume, manages
relative spending budgets in the equipment and service areas to achieve department and
divisional overall financial goals. This responsibility includes both short and long term plans
and programs to achieve brand, product and account objectives. Works with Finance,
Marketing, Operations and Manufacturing to execute plans and programs as well as be
involved in the development of quarterly and annual volume forecast.
4. Analyzes brand and product performance and position to insure line is optimized for
segmentation, sales, share and profit opportunities. Recommends changes to product
pricing, packaging, promotion, positioning, equipment and distribution to the President in
order to improve performance. Gains approval on recommendations and works
with the appropriate personnel to develop new products / line extensions, formula or
packaging changes and new promotions.
5. Develops and assists in the annual sales budget and execution plan to the VP/COO.
Manages and oversees execution of this plan and develops controls for adherence to budget.
Reviews specific events and materials in pre and post stages to insure appropriateness and
determine effectiveness of event / investment.
6. Provides the Sales and Department managers with sales and marketing programs and
information to achieve the Brand sales budget. Actively seeks the counsel of the President to insure programs are effectively executed. Routinely visits the field and becomes
knowledgeable with the various trade issues and key account orientations.
7. Provides analytic support to Senior Management preparing analyses as requested (i.e.,
Market analysis, competitive activity, spending budget analysis.)
8. Recruits, trains and develop department personnel to achieve targeted goals and objectives
over the short and long term.
9. Must familiarize him / herself with HIE’s policies and assume responsibility for the
implementation of Corporation directives.
10. Informs Division and Senior Managers of any developments in the market that would impact
the Company’s competitive position.
11. Maintains functional work area where account, service and administrative files are properly
12. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
BENEFITS: Paid Medical/Dental, Paid Vacation/Sick/Holidays, and 401(k) company
Interested applicants should reply to this posting with resume attached, apply in
person or send resume to:
HIE Holdings, Inc.
Attn: HR Dept
2839 Mokumoa Street
Honolulu, Hawaii 96819