To represent the Company in assigned accounts in the HIKC’s Food Service coffee trade class. This will involve working with account owners, managers and functional personnel selling Company coffee and related products. Position functions will include selling existing and new products to current accounts as well as pursuing new account additions. The position involves working with the Beverage General Manager, Director of Sales, Food Service Unit Manager, Sales Representatives, Route Drivers, Beverage Service Manager, Service Technician and Order Desk personnel.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supports the achievement of building profitable volume and market share growth by selling Company sales and service programs.
- Performs sales calls to assigned accounts presenting department programs, making new item presentations, promotional programs and new account proposals.
- Monitors and negotiates pricing programs in assigned and targeted accounts.
- Identifies key issues to a problem; skillfully develops alternative courses of action and recommends probable solutions to management and accounts.
- Provides customer support and service to existing accounts, ensuring timely and complete follow-up on problems, issues and request.
- Organizes thoughts and presents them clearly both orally and in writing and skillfully listens to what is being said and implied.
- Continually works on ways to be more efficient and effective; assisting in the development of sales, marketing and merchandising programs for the Food Service coffee segments (hotels, restaurants, deli, etc.).
- Ability to effectively communicate and present Company programs to account’s headquarters level.
- Assists in the development of production and inventory forecasts for the Hawaii Food Service products (e.g., coffee, cappuccino, granita and allied products). Communicates developments in the market that would impact the Company’s sales or competitive position.
- Monitors sales velocities, plans and notifies management of any major deviations to help insure minimal out of stocks.
- Increase our presence and visibility in the Food Service market segment through participation in key social and industry events.
- Monitors company equipment in assigned accounts as well as works with Beverage Service Manager in requisitioning equipment for current and new accounts.
- Able to supervise, direct and perform all of the duties, responsibilities and functions of the Food Service Route Drivers.
- Able to supervise, direct and perform all of the duties, responsibilities and functions of the Food Service Sales Representatives.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Benefits: Paid Medical/Dental, Paid Vacation/Sick/Holidays, and 401(k) company match.