We are seeking a qualified Resident Services Coordinator (RSC) to join our Property Management team of success-oriented professionals! As an RSC, you will primarily be responsible for assisting and coordinating all requests from military families with move-ins, move-outs, resident inquiries, enforcement of community standards including curb appeal maintenance, and coordination of community activities.
- Conduct neighborhood tours and home showings for qualified potential residents.
- Maintain a fundamental working knowledge of all lease documentation and resident guide policies and procedures.
- Administer move-in paperwork and home inspections with residents.
- Conduct move out assessments with departing residents and assess any charge for damages.
- Answer resident questions and assists in resolving resident complaints. Provides high standard of customer service to residents through a prompt and courteous response to all inquiries.
- Develop and maintain strong resident relations. Responsible for completing customer relationship management requirements for the Resident Journey program
- Assist with monitoring curb appeal throughout the community and office.
- Enforces resident guide and community standards by regularly inspecting the community including, homes, community facilities and common areas.
- Assist with maintenance of the appearance of the office, amenities, models and common areas of the property.
- Assist in the inspections of vacant homes and takes appropriate action to prepare the for rent-ready status.
- Actively participate in organization and execution of company-sponsored resident events including social events, educational classes and community programs.
- Provide administrative support at the community center.
- Attend trainings, workshops and meetings as position requires.
- Promote incident-injury free (IIF) and sustainability practices.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- May be responsible for conducting move out information sessions.
- May be required to work nights and weekends for special events.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate respect and regard for the dignity of all residents, families, visitors, vendors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous workplace and business environment.
- Commit to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers and coworkers.
- Properly and effectively communicate with customers and co-workers while considering differences in culture, values, beliefs and age. (Language interpreters are to be utilized as needed).
About HICKAM COMMUNITIES LLC:
Be part of something exciting.
At Hickam Communities, our success is our people. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining a strong and diverse team, supporting each person in achieving their goals. The employee experience is about respecting everyone for their contributions, rewarding success, nurturing talent and continuous employee development. So, whether you are embarking on a new journey or a seasoned professional, we invite you to explore the opportunity to create your future with us. Learn more about our company at www.hickamcommunities.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
Required license or certification:
- Driver's License