HiHealthCare is a locally owned, serving hospitals, homecare, correctional and medical facilities across the Hawaiian Islands. We are seeking a Nursing Supervisor to join our office team on Maui. This position is designed to support essential functions that follow and maintain agency standards according to Agency Policies and Procedures set forth by state and federal regulations.
The Nursing Supervisor reports directly to the Clinical Director; provides support and indirectly reports to all HiHealthCare leadership.
The Nursing Supervisor position supervises and conducts field staff visits in the community to ensure clinical execution of agency policy and procedures. The primary role will support the Clinical Director to provide oversight and collective feedback to clinical processes. The Nurse Supervisor’s primary function is to collaborate and be a liaison between healthcare staff in office and in the field ensuring continuity of care and agency policies.
- Conducts supervisory visits assessing all care and services provided by Agency staff, assessing care, address patient/patient family needs and concerns.
- Establishes and updates plans of care.
- Provides help in assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient and family/caregiver care.
- Assists Clinical Director in opening new cases, conducting initial assessments and reassessments of clients/patients and care givers and ensuring all patient paperwork is complete.
- Ensures that care delivered is within regulatory and contract requirements and communicates with other health care providers regarding client/patient progress.
- Provides care coordination for all clients receiving nursing care to include providing direction to case managers and clinical teams related to patient care delivery.
- Maintains positive rapport and relationship with:
- patients and patient families
- all field staff
- all administrative/home office staff
- insurance providers
- case managers
- the community
- Provides collective feedback and assists with the development and implementation of clinical and administrative policies and procedures.
- Assists Clinical Director with the development, implementation, and evaluation of new clinical programs.
- Assists with the investigation and evaluation of incident reports, employee injury reports and client or staff complaints; reporting all necessary information to Clinical Director.
- Assists in Agency QA chart and file audits through regular assessments, client/patient visits, and chart reviews.
- Covering shifts (home care) as needed
- Available on-call after hours, weekends, and holidays as scheduled as a staff resource and to provide client/patient service.
- Assists Clinical Director with staff trainings, orientations, evaluations, compliance, and counseling.
- Assists in new hire interviews.
- Assists with developing, implementing, and evaluating orientation and educational programs.
- Participates in weekly team meetings and other mandatory in-services (in person or via video meetings).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current State of Hawaii Registered Nurse License
- Current Basic Life Support and First Aid Certification
- Home care management experience preferred
- Case Management experience preferred
- Knowledge of medical billing/coding
- Pass drug screen and criminal background check
- Acute care facility experience preferred
- Reliable mode of transportation