- $22 to $22 Hourly
The Hennepin Healthcare Research Institute has current openings for a Research Coordinator to support our research in Hennepin County Medical Center's Emergency Department.
Screen, identify, consent, and enroll patients for clinical research trials, public health surveillance, and quality assurance projects. Document and consistently maintain detailed records and research data including data entry into electronic databases, including REDCap. May administer and score psychological, intellectual, and/or other medical assessments and tests. May accurately disburse funds to study participants and accurately reconcile grant accounts.
Interface regularly with Research Assistants and the Research and QI Intern (RQI) program including reviewing applicants, orientation/training, ongoing education, and management. Coordinate on-call schedules. Coordinate clinical research studies, public health surveillance, and quality assurance projects including study setup, regulatory requirements, IRB documentation, and data management.
Research Coordinators typically work during office hours, but must be available to be on-call on a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends, and overnights, as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinate RA staff and the RQI program including applications, orientation/training, and management.
- Manage on-call calendars
- Coordinate research studies including setting up studies, interfacing with regulatory bodies such as the institutional review board (IRB), and ensuring regulatory requirements are met and documented.
- Perform data management for new, existing, and past research studies
- Carry out clinical research protocols, QI projects, and public health surveillance
- Conduct enrollment and data collection measures for all ED studies
- Screen, identify, and conduct informed consent discussions with patients
- Record vitals, collect specimens, coordinate enrollment for clinical research studies, QI, and public health projects
- Draw and deliver specimens to laboratory for processing. May run samples through lab devices.
- Ship samples to study central laboratories per protocols.
- Instruct and inform hospital staff about patient participation in research
- May administer and score psychological, intellectual, and/or other medical assessments, tests, scales, and surveys.
- Track and maintain contact with research subjects throughout research studies
- Document and consistently maintain detailed records and research data and perform data entry
- May accurately disburse funds to study participants and accurately reconcile grant accounts
Any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge and skills is qualifying. Typical qualifications would be a baccalaureate degree (or anticipated) and one (1) year experience with the specified research field.
Current certification as a health care provider (MA, PCA, EMT-B) or phlebotomy training preferred but not required. If lacking, willingness to receive phlebotomy training is required.
Skill, Knowledge & Ability (SKA):
Requires interaction with a diverse population. General knowledge of clinical research study design, protocols, data collection. Ability to establish and maintain effective rapport and working relationships with patients, patient care providers, HHRI staff and research team. Demonstrated proficiency with data entry for large, complex projects. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook; previous experience with electronic patient care records and electronic clinical databases like REDCap preferred. Ability to operate instruments necessary to conduct research protocols. Ability to adapt, be flexible, and problem solve in the moment. Strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail. Ability to work within teams, to be self-motivated, and to work with accuracy. Displays high standards of attendance and punctuality, maintains confidentiality, and manages time effectively.
Ability to adhere to institutional safety protocols, established guidelines of good clinical practice in clinical research policy and procedure, and follow study protocols as written. Ability to complete in-person and online training in a timely fashion.
MANDATORY COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT
AA/EOE of Women, Minorities, Disabilities, Veterans
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.