The Hennepin Healthcare Research Institute (HHRI) has a current opening for a full-time Research Assistant to support the research of Drs. Andrew Busch, LP and Sandra Japuntich, LP being conducted at Hennepin Healthcare's HCMC.
This is a hybrid position where time will be split between telework and an onsite presence in downtown Minneapolis, MN.
group works to develop and test behavioral interventions for individuals living with conditions such as serious mental illness that improve health equity primarily in health behaviors such as smoking, medication adherence, exercise, diet, and sleep. We test treatments that are integrated into medical settings such as hospitals, outpatient psychiatric clinics, and dental clinics. We are embedded in Hennepin Healthcare, an urban safety net hospital.
The RA will support ongoing NIH and foundation funded research studies. A core role will be to recruit, obtain informed consent, and conduct interviews/assessments with research study participants. The RA will also document and maintain detailed records and do data entry. Administrative tasks including scheduling, purchasing, shipping, etc. will be part of this job on an as needed basis. Scholarly opportunities (e.g., authorship of conference presentations) will be available.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Recruitment and Study Administration
- Ability to respond to patient recruitment opportunities as they arise (in real time).
- Conduct study recruitment activities on multiple studies including:
- Initial medical records review or pre-screening,
- Screening interviews with patients to determine program eligibility, including on inpatient units and by phone,
- Administration of enrollment procedures and paperwork related to informed consent
- Administration of baseline interviews and assessments,
- Data entry related to study recruitment
- Creation of study enrollment documentation
- Serve as a resource person to other medical staff regarding study protocol
- Schedule and administer outcomes assessment visits based on specified study timeline
- Collect study data, maintains accurate patient files, and updates patient tracking data.
- Administer stipend distribution and reconciles accounting.
- Provide research support for daily activities associated with research programs facilitated in the lab.
- Organize meetings and conference calls
- Process reimbursements for travel, invoices, and other business expenses
- Handle incoming calls and emails related to general lab information
- Prepare reports, meeting agendas, and minutes
- Maintain calendar/scheduling for lab PIs and program manager
- Performing transcription, communication preparation, and file management related to research activities
- Provide basic website maintenance and other administrative tasks as requested
- Assist with filing, faxing, shipping and document storage (electronic and paper)
- Manage supply orders
Any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required skills and knowledge is qualifying. Typical qualifications would be completion of two (2) years of post-high school education and six (6) months' experience in a related area and/or in research including undergraduate experiences. Bachelor's degree preferred, as is experience in conducting clinical research.
A valid driver's license, proof of insurance and a satisfactory driving record is preferred. Employees must carry a minimum of 100/300/100 liability insurance coverage and not have a "business use" exclusion in their insurance policy.
Skill, Knowledge & Ability (SKA):
Requires interaction with a diverse population. Working knowledge of basic personal computing. Knowledge of research methodology for working with human subjects and of general research principles. Knowledge of or exposure to psychological, medical, and/or intellectual assessments. Ability to communicate effectively and develop rapport with research subjects, ability to adapt and be flexible, and the ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail. Displays high standards of attendance, punctuality, confidentiality, and time management.
Preference given to bilingual applicants who have experience working with Spanish-speaking communities in a research, health care delivery, or social services field.
Mandatory COVID-19 vaccine required.
AA/EOE of Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
Get fresh Research Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.