Senior Vice President of Operations - Independent Collection Hotels & Resorts
- Expired: May 16, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Opportunity: Senior Vice President of Operations – Independent Collection Hotels & Resorts
HHM has a unique opportunity to lead both operations and brand programming of our Independent Collection Hotels & Resorts portfolio of properties; a growing collection of one-of-a-kind hotels and resorts for those who look beyond the beaten path to discover a destination's true spirit, engage with local culture, and indulge curiosities with flair. From the Cadillac Hotel & Beach Club in Miami, to The Rittenhouse Hotel in Philadelphia, to the Sanctuary Beach Resort in Monterey Bay, to The Joule in Dallas, these hotels are developed for the independently minded traveler and invite guests to experience the true spirit of the cities.
Leading over thirty hotels from coast to coast, this leader will continue to build the ICH&R brand with a dedicated team of operations, sales, and revenue management professionals.
This role is a differentiator to our competitors and plays a key role in partnering with other senior leaders who drive organizational change and development in a performance driven culture. Continuous improvement of the brand to increase guest loyalty in a period of growth requires passion and creativity reflective of our unique lifestyle properties. For full list of properties please visit independentcollection.com.
Potential Career Path
Executive Vice President of Operations – Chief Operating Officer
Essential Job Functions
- Provide strong leadership in managing the independent and soft brand portfolio, as well as functional leaders at the property and above property levels; developing collaborative relationships while maintaining a culture consistent with core values.
- Prepare annual budgets, actively participate in routine budget and other financial reviews and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of financial results at all times.
- Set and maintain brand and operational standards and protocols and hold others accountable to drive financial results and other clearly defined objectives.
- Achieve profit, sales, market share and customer satisfaction goals by developing and implementing strategic plans for the portfolio and individual property plans to drive performance improvement and revenue growth.
- Reinforce the vision, values and identities of the brand to hotels and the teams.
- Continuously analyze individual hotel performance and develop targeted, measurable strategic plans for improvement.
- Oversee and manage execution by effectively using centralized resources in areas like Accounting, Finance, HR, Legal, and more to drive business results.
- Work closely on e-commerce and digital marketing strategy, including website development and content, including SEO, SEM management, and ad spend while remaining current with the ever-evolving digital landscape.
- Continuously review the quality of hotel operations with owners and assist in developing and implementing strategies to improve operations.
- Ensure hotels operate in compliance with legal obligations by working with legal counsel.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits and perform other duties as requested by management.
- Extensive hospitality operations experience leading to vice president or above level in a leadership role required.
- Experience with a hotel management company with a portfolio of independent hotels and resorts in destination markets.
- Preferred experience with multiple brand families and exposure to lifestyle and soft branded hotels.
- Strong business and financial acumen with ability to effectively communicate with company executives and hotel owners.
- Knowledge of digital marketing strategies and ability to lead staff dedicated to maximizing digital marketing opportunities.
- Experience working with internal and external public relations teams.
- Bachelors of Science in related field preferred.
Work Environment and Context
Frequent travel required.
Work extended hours and be readily available to hotel and other leaders as needed.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It
HHM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.
BusinessView all jobs at HHM