HGP Bloomington, IN
- Posted: over a month ago
- $13 to $13 Hourly
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental
Are you an experienced phlebotomist?
One of our clients in is looking to provide the best patient care and we want a team member who can meet their needs.
We're looking for an experienced phlebotomist with excellent skills, specifically to work with a medical and behavioral health professionals dedicated to addiction recovery and relapse prevention.
This position may require Observed Urine and Blood collection.
This may start as part-time but could lead to full-time hours, given coverage at their related locations -- Mon - Fri 8:00 AM to 5 PM, with a 1 hour lunch
Our clients are looking to provide the best patient care and we want a team member who can meet their needs. Based on performance, this could lead to a more hours.
We are looking for a Phlebotomist to draw blood and other tissue or fluid from patients for testing, research or donations. This is a rewarding job since you help people stay healthy and you can sometimes help save their lives too. One of the most important is to properly identify patients and correctly use phlebotomy methods (e.g. venipuncture, skin puncture). We’ll rely on you to preserve patient health and quality of samples. We’re looking for important phlebotomist skills such as presence of mind, people skills and attention to detail. You should have a diploma in phlebotomy and have knowledge of puncture techniques. If you’re dedicated to your patients and have a firm but kind hand, we’d like to meet you.
- Customer Service – being both patient- and client-facing. This position role is un an independent clinic setting, and you are a representative of the company to both patients and the client.
- Independent / remote work. Must be comfortable to ask questions via the main laboratory by calling and interacting with sales and customer service based in headquarters.
- This position may require Observed Urine and Blood collection.
- Arrange daily activities based on urgency of requests for fluid samples
- Identify patients and their personal information using their ID, documents or other means
- Determine the right venipuncture method based on patient age, health etc.
- Reassure patients and help them relax
- Find veins that are suitable for puncture
- Draw blood using sterilized needles, vials and other equipment
- Ensure optimal quality and quantity of samples
- Label samples correctly and send or deliver them for testing
- Answer patient questions and provide useful information
- Keep accurate records on fluid specimens and tests
- Adhere to all relevant health and safety standards while working
- Hepatitis B Vaccination
- Phlebotomy Certification or Medical Assistant Certification with Phlebotomy training
- A reliable car with insurance for occasional deliveries or pick-ups
- Good attitude
- Flexible with availability
- Basic computer skills a must
- Proven experience as a Phlebotomist or Phlebotomy Technician
- Experience with effective puncture techniques
- Understanding of proper patient identification methods
- Knowledge of legal requirements about drawing blood, handling fluid samples and use of relevant medical equipment and material
- Ability to use computers to enter information
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to connect with various types of patients (such as children, elderly, pregnant women) and make them feel comfortable
- Patience and presence of mind