HFF is one of the largest and most successful commercial real estate capital intermediaries serving the U.S. and Western Europe. The firm ranked as the #1 loan originator during 2018; has been listed as one of Fortune 100's fastest growing companies for four years; and ranks among the top three brokerage firms. HFF fosters a culture focused on putting clients' interests first, maintaining high ethical standards, and encouraging collaboration and creativity. HFF seeks highly-motivated candidates to join our team.
On July 1, 2019, HFF was acquired by JLL. Together, we will attract, nurture and retain the best talent and redefine excellence in capital markets.
JLL is a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. As a Fortune 500 company, we help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions.
If you're looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. With us, you'll have a chance to innovate with the world's leading businesses, put that expertise into action, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You'll also make long-lasting professional connections and be inspired by the best. We're focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions-join us at JLL!
This position is focused exclusively on the sale of commercial real estate transactions. In addition to the involvement in every stage of a transaction, including underwriting, market research, property tours, preparation of offering memorandums, marketing and term sheet negotiation, closing and client meetings and events, the Senior Real Estate Analyst will begin to develop a client network. Will work in a high-energy, team-focused environment.
- Prepare investment advisory packages and submissions for commercial real estate transactions, including research, financial modeling and composition of executive summaries.
- Responsible for complex financial modeling of commercial real estate transactions and utilize market and JLL data / comps to correctly underwrite a transaction.
- Manage the due diligence process and be the driving force in working through the marketing and closing processes for each transaction, and be in constant communication with the Producer, the market and the Client. Use this information from the marketing process to assist clients in making decisions related to their business plan and capital structure.
- Must be technically proficient in use of databases and be able to effectively identify what data from this system to will be useful to determine trends and for preparation for pitches and meetings.
- Must understand and review real estate documents (leases, loan documents, appraisals, etc.) to determine if any issues exist and determine what could be a concern.
- Develop and recommend financing alternatives to present to the Producer.
- Build a strong client network within the industry through meetings, events and involvement in real estate trade organizations.
- Participate in weekly office meetings with Producers to discuss deal flow, deal status, market conditions and review new client leads.
- Have a strong understanding of how JLL's lines of business work together.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience in a financial analysis environment; mortgage or commercial real estate industry preferred.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented and strong time management skills to prioritize deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal quantitative, writing, and communication skills; able to interface with top level executives.
- Strong writing skills with ability to communicate analytical and marketing data effectively.
- Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills. Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information.
- Ability to be an independent worker with a team player attitude.
- Bachelor's Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Argus experience a plus.
- Data base experience a plus.
- Office - work with computers, copiers, and scanners.
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, including HFF, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with our recruitment process. We endeavor to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how we process your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
JLL, and HFF, are an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process - including the online application and/or overall selection process - you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com.
This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.