The Nutrition Assistant position is a permanent, full-time position (Monday - Friday) at Heritage Community Initiatives and will perform a wide variety of duties within Heritage Nutrition Services. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Nutrition Services, the Nutrition Assistant will assist with prepping meals for nearly 700 children on a daily basis. The duties performed by the Nutrition Assistant are broad, flexible and entry level.
- Assist in prepping and cooking food for breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner.
- Ensure that the kitchen area is free of hazardous materials, objects and situations.
- Clean and sanitize all kitchen equipment according to regulations.
- Transport meals to various locations utilizing company vehicle.
- Establish positive relationships with teaching staff, children and families.
- Work cooperatively and effectively as a team member.
- Follow all policies set forth by Heritage Community Initiatives and partners.
- Complete all necessary trainings for the position.
- Assist with the implementation of the Summer Food Service Program on a daily basis.
- Assist with cooking, portioning, and recording meals to be transported to the required summer nutrition sites.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Nutrition Services.
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in a food preparation service.
- High school diploma.
- ServSafe certification preferred or must complete training within first 30 days.
- Experience supervising youth under the age of 18 is preferred.
- Must be able to lift 30+ pounds.
- Must have a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License.