The Warehouse Associate Lead is an hourly merchandise handling position within the HERBL warehouse for the employees who have reached a higher degree or capability, and demonstrates potential for further development. Warehouse Associate Leads may be assigned to specific tasks or assignments requiring greater expertise and are often considered a subject matter expert within the operation. The Warehouse Associate Lead is responsible for working with and coaching other associates to complete assigned tasks and using best practices . The Warehouse Associate Lead is assigned to a specific shift but may be asked to work across shifts for time to time to assist with training and best practice development.
- Perform order fulfillment duties: picking, staging, checking, wrapping, labeling, replenishing
- Maintain knowledge and expertise on HERBL and industry best practices and well as BCC and METRC regulatory requirements for handling and recording cannabis products within the warehouse
- Coach and mentor team members to promote an environment that embraces, safety, efficiency and teamwork
- Operate forklift , Wave and other materials handling equipment to pick, store and stage material.
- Load/unload vehicles
- Review paperwork and counts to ensure accuracy
- Perform other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall operations
- Perform required pre-use inspections of all equipment on a daily basis and complete required reports.
- Report hours of service accurately.
- Maintain constructive working relationships
- Attend and participate in safety and team meetings
- Maintain and protect all company property entrusted to you in excellent condition.
- Perform duties and tasks in a manner consistent with HERBL culture
- Knowledge of safe operational processes
- Microsoft Excel and SAP Business 1 Savvy
- Problem Solving / Analysis
- Decision Making
- Communication Proficiency
- Team Oriented
- This position is an individual contributor with peer coaching responsibilities
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Available to work 50+ hours per week
- This is a full-time position. Warehouse operates 7 days per week. Shift work is required to support operations Days and hours of work are assigned. Shifts may be 4 X 10 or 5 X 8. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand
- Must be able to lift inventory up to 20+ lb. in retail/warehouse space
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- 1-2 years prior warehouse operations or similar experience
- Supervisory experience a benefit
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.