HERBL Distribution Solutions provides supply chain solutions to the cannabis industry with the use of innovative technology, information management experts, security specialists, and sales/marketing professionals. Utilizing proven distribution methods, our model is based on a perishable supply chain strategy that emphasizes the importance of customer satisfaction. We are the final gate of quality inspection and testing; additionally, we provide tax collection and fulfill all state reporting requirements. At HERBL, we don't build corporate mergers - we build teams. We care deeply about our suppliers, customers, and team members, and we will continue to do everything we can to do right by them.
This position will support the Accounting department in General Ledger reconciliations, state cannabis related tax reporting, cross departmental projects, and other various Accounting related tasks.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide support to our HERBL Supply CO division to properly record and report on all transactions through the procure to pay and order to cash cycles
- Process and record all accounting transactions related to product testing and taxes including testing samples, lab fees and cultivation tax
- Prepare monthly reports and the reconciliation of assigned general ledger accounts.
- Create journal entries for a variety of accounting tasks.
- Assist in the Month-End and Year-End closing process.
- Maintain various schedules e.g. Prepaid Amortization, Fixed Assets, Notes Payable, Depreciation.
- Locate, report on, and resolve discrepancies.
- Research and follow up on discrepancies from the general ledger to find the root cause of the problem. Work with other departments to find a long-term solution to the problem.
- Team player ready to support various projects that are assigned to the Accounting Department.
- Monthly reconciliation and CA state reporting of Cannabis related taxes due.
- General knowledge of US GAAP, Accounting best practices, and financial statements.
- Ability to take raw data and convert it into accurate reports for internal and external parties.
- Proven problem-solving skills with a proactive attitude to own a task until completion.
- Experience prioritizing multiple projects at once and meeting deadlines.
- Experience working in a fast pace/fast growing environment.
- Motivated self-starter who takes pride in getting goals accomplished.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and ERP accounting software systems.
- Must be able to communicate efficiently, effectively, and professionally with both internal and external parties.
Will this position supervise anyone? – No
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The duties of this position require the employee to sit and stand for extended periods of time. The position requires the employee to be able to look at and operate a computer for extended periods of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Is any travel required? – No
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Associates Degree required. A combination of school and work experience will be considered.
2-4 Years of experience.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Expected hours of work. – Minimum 40 hours per week M-F
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.