This is a great opportunity to join HERBL Distribution, focused on securing HERBL’s properties protecting its employees and guests while delivering exceptional customer service. The position will be responsible for handling emergencies; monitoring safety and security of the HERBL site; generating reports; reviewing video; answering digital intercom; fielding phone calls and a variety of other basic security tasks. As such, any candidate must have operator level proficiency with Avigilon access control and CCTV systems. Operators must be able to communicate clearly in both written and spoken English. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage the development, implementation and continuous refinement of physical/facilities security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security protocols.
- Perform security/risk assessments and regular audits of all facilities, including security equipment (access control, CCTV, alarms, and other security upgrades) condition and provide summary of needed improvements to senior management.
- Maintain strong relationships with law enforcement and other government agencies.
- Advise senior leaders on pertinent issues related to security and safety.
- Work closely with other functional leaders and contractors regarding security issues.
- Conduct, supervise and prepare reports relating to internal investigations of any losses or violations of regulations, policies and procedures.
- Assist in shrink/inventory control and inventory audits.
- Manage logistics, supply chain management and transportation security.
- Develop, implement and manage security related training for HERBL staff.
- Work with senior management on HERBL’s crisis management efforts, including crisis planning and crisis response.
- Assist in emergency management and contingency planning preparations.
- Develop and oversee programs to address travel risk issues.
- Assist in exit interviews to assess risk from former employees and coordinate hostile terminations.
- Knowledge of cannabis security compliance in California a plus.
- Corporate Security Management or Loss Prevention Management experience.
- Multi-unit management experience preferred.
- Understanding of physical security issues, investigative methodologies and management of investigative services.
- Security risk assessment and audit experience.
- Strong understanding of security equipment (Avigilon) and software as it relates to access control, CCTV and alarm systems.
- Experience working in or having security responsibility for retail, distribution and/or warehouse facilities preferred.
- Monitor physical security systems and respond/coordinate response to safety and security issues on campus and for drivers on delivery routes. This may involve responding to alarm calls on site in the early morning or evenings.
- Facilitate and coordinate information exchange during all emergencies or vehicle accidents working closely with the routing and dispatch team members.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality thorough internal investigations; partner with LP & Human Resources to address employee behavior and take corrective actions.
- Maintain accurate records and reports of all identified theft activity and related follow up; disseminate and communicate reporting as necessary.
- Assist leadership in promoting awareness campaigns/communication centers on shortage and safety control measures; regularly participate in key meetings and recognition program activities.
- Maintain surveillance on high risk deliveries and driver safety using remote CCTV applications.
- Conduct early opening or late closing support for the safety and security of employees at each campus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Well organized and detail oriented with an ability to multi-task.
- High ethical standards
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Must be available for off hours support.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of business principles, industry dynamics, market trends, and operational systems/reports to perform all aspects of the job. Constantly monitors to identify new trends, problems, or competition that could affect the overall organization. Stays on top of the changing needs and demands. Understands the organization’s distinctive competence and character.
- Is self-directed and takes action to achieve goals. Acts appropriately and in a timely manner. Attains clear, concrete, and measurable outcomes to drive toward excellence. Defines appropriate solutions for issues and determines beginning-to-end courses of action.
- Sets clear goals and provides direction and guidance to others. Has a point of view. Raises and confronts issues that block the achievement of individual and/or team objectives. Uses influencing skills to lead from a distance and accomplish goals. Takes personal responsibility for actions, including self-development.
Planning & Organizing:
- Accurately scopes out the length and duration of projects and tasks, lining up the necessary resources in advance. Establishes priorities between competing demands and sets realistic goals for his/her work. Anticipates roadblocks and develops alternative programs. Effectively manages time to ensure achievement of deadlines and goals.
- Communicates clearly and consistently providing appropriate direction. Shares timely updates and information with relevant partners. Practices and solicits direct, open, and honest communication. Articulates and presents ideas and concepts to appropriately inform and persuade others. Ensures completeness and accuracy of all written and verbal communication
Some travel between sites will be expected as and when needed to support the organization
- Santa Rosa
- Santa Ana
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in a Manager position required
- 2 to 3 years leading a strong security team within a corporate retail environment required
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Expected hours of work. 40 hours per week. May be required to work early or late