This is a great opportunity to join HERBL Distribution Solutions. This job is focused on securing HERBL’s properties, protecting its employees and guests while delivering exceptional customer service. The command center coordinator will be responsible for managing the overall OSHA program for the site along with managing all emergencies; monitoring safety and security of the HERBL campus; generating reports; reviewing video; answering digital intercom; fielding phone calls, and a variety of other basic security tasks. As such, any candidate must have operator level proficiency with Avigilon access control and CCTV systems. Operators must be able to communicate clearly in both written and spoken English. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- OSHA safety/security coordinator must be able to conduct accident and incident investigations, determine probable causes and make recommendations for corrective action.
- Must be skilled at running accident prevention and fire safety programs for the organization
- Assists, plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Advises VP of Loss Prevention/Safety on safety compliance concerns and preventative actions.
- Plans and implements training for employees in work site safety practices.
- Maintains safety files and records
- Performs safety surveys and inspections, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventive measures where indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Assists in the development, evaluation and upgrading of safety programs.
- Assist and maintain environmental reports including Storm water permits, SPCC etc
- Prefer experience in OSHA, MSHA, DOT and EPA regulatory requirements.
- Maintain strong relationships with law enforcement and other government agencies.
- Advise senior leaders on pertinent issues related to safety and security
- Work closely with other functional leaders and contractors regarding security issues.
- Conduct, supervise and prepare reports relating to internal investigations of any losses or violations of regulations, policies and procedures.
- Assist in shrink/inventory control and inventory audits.
- Manage logistics, supply chain management and transportation security.
- Develop, implement and manage security related training for HERBL staff.
- Work with senior management on HERBL’s crisis management efforts, including crisis planning and crisis response.
- Assist in emergency management and contingency planning preparations.
- Develop and oversee programs to address travel risk issues.
- Assist in exit interviews to assess risk from former employees and coordinate hostile terminations.
- Knowledge of cannabis security compliance in California a plus.
- Multi-unit management experience preferred.
- Understanding of physical security issues, investigative methodologies and management of investigative services.
- Security risk assessment and audit experience.
- Strong understanding of security equipment (Avigilon) and software as it relates to access control, CCTV and alarm systems.
- Experience working in or having security responsibility for retail, distribution and/or warehouse facilities preferred.
- Monitor physical security systems and respond/coordinate response to safety and security issues on campus and for drivers on delivery routes.
- Facilitate and coordinate information exchange during all emergencies or vehicle accidents working closely with the routing and dispatch team members
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality thorough internal investigations; partner with LP & Human Resources to address employee behavior and take corrective actions.
- Maintain accurate records and reports of all identified theft activity and related follow up; disseminate and communicate reporting as necessary.
- Assist leadership in promoting awareness campaigns/communication centers on shortage and safety control measures; regularly participate in key meetings and recognition program activities.
- Maintain surveillance on high risk deliveries and driver safety using remote CCTV applications.
- Conduct early opening or late closing support for the safety and security of employees at each campus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Well organized and detail oriented with an ability to multi-task.
- High ethical standards
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be available for off hours support.
- Business Acumen:
- § Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of business principles, industry dynamics, market trends, and operational systems/reports to perform all aspects of the job. Constantly monitors to identify new trends, problems, or competition that could affect the overall organization. Stays on top of the changing needs and demands. Understands the organization’s distinctive competence and character.
- Drive Results:
- § Is self-directed and takes action to achieve goals. Acts appropriately and in a timely manner. Attains clear, concrete, and measurable outcomes to drive toward excellence. Defines appropriate solutions for issues and determines beginning-to-end courses of action.
- § Sets clear goals and provides direction and guidance to others. Has a point of view. Raises and confronts issues that block the achievement of individual and/or team objectives. Uses influencing skills to lead from a distance and accomplish goals. Takes personal responsibility for actions, including self-development.
- Planning & Organizing:
- § Accurately scopes out the length and duration of projects and tasks, lining up the necessary resources in advance. Establishes priorities between competing demands and sets realistic goals for his/her work. Anticipates roadblocks and develops alternative programs. Effectively manages time to ensure achievement of deadlines and goals.
- § Communicates clearly and consistently providing appropriate direction. Shares timely updates and information with relevant partners. Practices and solicits direct, open, and honest communication. Articulates and presents ideas and concepts to appropriately inform and persuade others. Ensures completeness and accuracy of all written and verbal communication
- Not currently
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- This position will be situated in a Security Command Center where all operations of the site will take place.
- Some travel between sites will be expected as and when needed to support the organization
- Santa Rosa
- Santa Ana
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in a Manager position required
- Solid background in managing OSHA and compliance programs
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- Expected hours of work. 40 hours per week. May be required to work early or late