The Operations Cannabis Compliance Manager is an exempt position within the HERBL ecosystem. They are responsible for on-boarding all new suppliers and products and also for oversight of warehouse operations through a filter of regulatory compliance. They ensure that operational processes and record keeping are acceptable based on the letter and spirit of California Cannabis regulations. This person is considered the subject matter expert on Cannabis regulations and acts in a consultative role as well as providing direction and conducting audits. The Cannabis Compliance Manager provides an essential link between HERBL Buying and Warehouse Operations by ensuring products are appropriately held in available or non-available status according to regulations and working with both teams to prioritize product testing, sampling and remediation activities.
- On-board new Vendors (collect documents, review packaging and labeling; provide guidance and set expectations with Suppliers to achieve and maintain compliance with BCC regulations and HERBL operational SOP. Ensure Suppliers and Items are properly set up in HERBL systems
- Has a well adapted understanding of METRC Track and Trace systems.
- Maintain Supplier on-boarding records
- Oversee Receipt audits. Coach and teach warehouse Operations team on correct audit procedures. Act as arbitrator of disputes and action plans with respect to audit results
- Produce and store inbound manifests and COA’s
- Set up and monitor lab sampling
- Track all non-available inventory. Provide oversight, guidance, and prioritization for remediation plans
- Oversee inventory availability once remediation is complete or test results are back.
- Work closely with Buying and Planning team to provide insight and risk assessments with respect to inventory in non-available status
- Take immediate action for coaching, correcting or escalating to solve for regulatory compliance issues.
- Conduct periodic audits of HERBL processes and record keeping
- Perform duties and tasks in a manner consistent with HERBL culture and operational success factors
SUCCESS FACTORS: will be used to evaluate performance and for employee development coaching.
· Operate in a manner consistent with HERBL policies and training to achieve ZERO incidents, accidents and injuries. Be accountable for working safely. Report all injuries immediately
· Actively contribute to the team’s safety program such as participating in safety meetings, supporting behavior-based safety activities, and reporting unsafe conditions.
· Maintain and protect all company property. Report all incidents, including property loss or damage immediately.
· Adhere to Company policies with respect to confidentiality as outlined in HERBL Team Handbook
· Operate in a manner consistent with BCC regulations governing the operation of a Cannabis Distribution License
· Provide outstanding customer service to both external and internal customers. Assist with questions or problems while adhering to policies and guidelines.
· Operate in a manner consistent with a team environment. Approach all situations in a positive, productive, and constructive manner.
· Ensure all activities support HERBL achieving key inventory accuracy requirements.
· Accurately complete all paperwork. Comply with all controls, procedures, and best practices.
Shipping / Receiving
· Pick, store and stage material based on customer and operational needs. Operate in a manner of compliance for the safe handling and storage of materials and waste.
· Complete training as required for safety, BCC compliance, job-based, and best practices.
Customary Physical Demands
· Strength: Complete various tasks that require lifting, pulling, and pushing up to 50 lbs.
· Reaching, handling, fingering, and feeling: Input information into various types of equipment such inventory tracking handheld device, personal computer, and onboard computing and mobile communications system.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.