Intern - Continuously Open
☐ Exempt ☒ Non-Exempt Job Class: 5-Adm Support
Do you want to replace “business as usual” with creating better, innovative solutions for tomorrow? Join us at HEMIC! Voted one of Hawai`i Business’ Best Places to Work, and Pacific Business News’ Best Workplaces, we believe our kuleana is to bring Hawai`i workers back to work and back to life.
- Insurance doesn’t have to be boring! We work hard, but have fun doing it. Throughout the year, we have an employee rally, fun holiday activities, monthly birthday celebrations, and participation in local sports leagues. Participation in Casual Fridays helps us raise money for local charities and we coordinate an annual charity golf tournament.
- We’re passionate about your development. Whether it’s achieving a formal certification or attending a workshop to improve your communication skills, we’re committed to your growth. We partner with local vendors and attend mainland conferences to ensure your skills stay up-to-date, and we’re continually on the leading edge of best practices in our industry.
- We offer competitive salary and best-in-class benefits, including a 401k match, flex time, and a great wellness program.
- We are committed to proudly taking care of Hawai`i. We have endowed a scholarship at UH Manoa’s Shidler College of Business, and our employees demonstrate this commitment by giving back through employer charitable contribution matches and participation in dozens of community organizations.
HEMIC Interns will be a valuable member of HEMIC team. You will receive on-the-job training and will be provided a hands-on experience by helping our department perform daily functions and special projects. The ideal Intern candidate is highly motivated, well organized, and possesses a strong analytical mind.
- Varies by department.
- Detailed oriented, self-directed candidate motivated to learn and build on base knowledge.
- Self-starter with excellent teamwork and communication skills, who also possess the ability to work independently.
- Strong analytical skills, as well as strong word processing, spreadsheet and database skills.
- Must have strong organizational, problem-solving, time management and decision-making abilities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to handle multiple tasks, ability to interact with staff and managers at all levels, excellent communication skills and have the drive to take on additional challenges.
915 Fort Street Mall Suite 100Honolulu, HI
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.