HEMIC Honolulu, HI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Collections Specialist is responsible for the collection of outstanding accounts receivable from former and existing policyholders via telephonic and written communication; coordinates a resolution of basic premium issues; will communicate to and educates policyholders on cancelation processes, premium calculations and premium audit adjustments in a professional manner, thereby reducing the accounts receivable delinquency amount.
· Ensure accounts in collections are addressed in a timely and appropriate manner to optimize collection of amounts due by communication with policyholders, Agents, Premium Audit, Underwriting, Finance and Collection staff.
· Ensure status of current policies for accounts in collection is executed in accordance with established procedures.
· Assess cost/benefit of allocating further resources to collection activities.
· Develop, negotiate and execute payment arrangements and terms with accounts in collection as appropriate.
· Oversee timely follow-up on payment arrangements.
· Monitor accounts receivable by reviewing past due accounts, analyze and implement internal collection procedures; administer and communicate all facets of collections to appropriate staff, vendors, and legal counsel.
· Assist attorney(s) in researching, compiling of documents and providing overall evidentiary matter as it relates to accounts assigned to attorney for collections; including testimony in a deposition and/or in a court of law.
· Identify issues, make recommendations and write procedures.
· Assist in outbound collection calls with policyholders and/or agents in a professional manner.
· Cross-train and support the premiums team to assist with customer service and inquiries.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Proven experience as a Collection Specialist or similar role in insurance or finance company, a plus.
· 1 -2 years of experience in business operations accounts receivables or collections, a plus.
· Competency in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook.
· Professional, effective oral and written communication skills, a plus.
· Strong communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
· Ability to exercise good judgment and make sound decisions. Strong attention to detail with an eye for accuracy.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively with staff, policyholders, vendors, and legal counsel.
· Self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently with a sense of urgency.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at HEMIC