Associate Premium Auditor
- Posted: over a month ago
Responsible for supporting the premium development through review of policyholders’ financial records and determining accurate premium. Associate Premium Auditors are also responsible for all inside auditor duties which includes mailing audit correspondence, handling all incoming mail for the premium audit department, and maintaining digital premium audit files. This position requires the employee to be in-office full-time, with potential to be hybrid in the future.
- Perform examination of policyholder’s accounting and financial records to ensure accurate calculation of earned premium on small or simple audits.
- Review appropriate audit documentation to determine auditable exposures and coverages provided by the policy.
- Ensure that audited exposures are accurately calculated within strict insurance guidelines by utilizing internal processes and procedures, NCCI manual rules and SCOPES manual, and PAAS guidelines.
- Prepare detailed work papers and written correspondence in support of audit findings.
- Communicate audit findings through detailed formal reports supported by audit work papers.
- Identify issues to be communicated to appropriate stakeholders (premium audit manager, underwriting, agent, audit processors) such as classification changes, large payroll fluctuations, ownership changes, etc.
- Exhibit effective workload management skills through efficient time utilization.
- Handle both incoming and outgoing mail for premium audit department.
- Manage digital premium audit files through policy administration and document management systems.
- Refer any unusual information developed in the audit process to immediate supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree in finance, accounting, insurance or related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance or accounting principles is preferred.
- Ability and agreement to pass the APA 91 and 92 within a designated time during first year of employment.
- Proficient in use of computers with specific knowledge in MS Word and MS Excel.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong oral and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize and complete assigned work.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at HEMIC