- Expired: May 30, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for processing, maintaining and reconciling a wide variety of daily accounting functions such as processing disbursements, posting cash receipts; preparing & reconciling bank deposits; billing statements; compile and review information for accuracy; responsible for front-line customer service inquiries; and other daily functions such as but not limited to filing, sorting, copying and scanning of documents etc. Be able to use problem-solving skills and good judgement to resolve issues.
- Process bills and PO requests; data entry of claim payments and operating expenditures (A/P); assess budget availability; Request W-9's for new vendor setup or revision. Follow up on outstanding checks by preparing/sending due diligence letters to payees. Update and maintain necessary reports and schedules as required.
- Post cash receipts, prepare deposits, and journalize entries from source documents. Prepare and maintain check registers, daily cash reports, additional reports and schedules as required.
- Communicate in a professional manner and efficiently address customer/vendor inquires in a timely manner in accordance with department standards.
- Responsible for picking up incoming mail and distribution to accounting staff and processing outgoing mail.
- Cross train and backup for other support staff when necessary.
- Participation in departmental/functional meetings and training programs. Utilize self-development tools and resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and processes, preferred but not required.
- Personal computer background skills with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and various business applications.
- Ability to effectively communicate (orally and written), establish, and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work independently with strong multi-tasking capabilities and strong attention to detail.
- Able to learn a variety of tasks and work at a quick and energetic pace.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at HEMIC