Administration_Housing Compliance Specialist
HELP of Southern Nevada
Las Vegas, NV
- Posted: over a month ago
Hours: Monday - Thursday
Status: Full Time
Reports to: Grants & Compliance Manager and CFO
Under the supervision of the Grants & Compliance Manager and the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), this position ensures compliance with funding regulations and agency policies and procedures.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
- Prepare income calculation worksheets for housing program participants and forward to Grants & Compliance Manager for review and approval.
- Review new client lease packets for errors, return to department for corrections, if necessary.
- Process check requests for rent and utility assistance for all programs, scan copies to pertinent departments. Scan all leases to the S-drive Finance Folder.
- Scan all leases, HQS forms, and Rent Reasonable forms to appropriate folders.
- Ensure that rent payments are processed and in the mail by the 1st of every month or picked up by program supervisors
- Maintain all related rent spreadsheets. Ensure accuracy of data entered.
- Communicate with landlord/property managers when necessary.
- Communicate any rent and/or utility payment errors to the appropriate manager, supervisor, Chief Social Services Officer and/or the CFO.
- Research all rent discrepancies and relay findings to program supervisor and the Compliance Housing Analyst. Document findings in writing and forward the findings and resolution to Grants & Compliance Manager and CFO.
- Assist with drawdown preparations and filings, as needed.
- Provide assistance with annual audit, as needed.
- Ensure the smooth flow of paperwork through office.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be efficient in QuickBooks, Adobe PDF, Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must have the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to type at least 45 WPM and operate a 10-key by touch.
- Requires excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Attention to detail, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Qualifications, Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or combination of education and experience, equal to 5 years of experience in a non-profit organization.
- Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screening. Random drug screenings are performed.
- Must have a current NV driver's license and clean DMV record. Driver History Reports are required to be submitted on a quarterly basis.
Work is performed in an office environment, with driving required at times. May be subject to sitting, standing, walking, bending, lifting, squatting, pushing and pulling, and simple grasping.
HELP of Southern Nevada
AddressLas Vegas, NV
BusinessView all jobs at HELP of Southern Nevada
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?