HR Generalist - Church
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Human Resource Manager will help BPC steward its staff and staffing needs as we pursue Christ’s mission. More specifically, this person will lead and direct the routine functions of the BPC Human Resources (HR) department including recruiting and hiring, employee relations, policy and procedures development, compliance with federal/state regulations, administering pay, benefits, and promoting staff culture/values. BPC comprises four unique working environments: a suburban church, a preschool, an urban church plant and an urban mission center.Responsibilities
Essential Duties/Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned as needed)
- Provides support and guidance to management and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Recruits, screens and hires new employees in collaboration with the Lead Pastor and department supervisors including writing job descriptions, placing advertisements, interviewing, and conducting pre-employment background and reference checks. Oversees onboarding as well as exit interviews for departing staff.
- Assist the Executive Director with the church’s compensation program including analyzing trends in compensation and benefits and maintaining salary ranges.
- Collaborates with other team members on the church’s benefits programs including health plans, retirement/403(b) plan and cafeteria plans.
- Assists in annual budget development for all personnel related costs, as well as HR operations.
- Creates and/or promotes continuing learning and development opportunities for employees.
- Maintains knowledge and compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws, denominational polity, and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance and reduce church exposure.
- Strong faith in Jesus Christ and commitment to the success of the church.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of human resources practices, employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to learn the organization’s HRIS and church software systems.
- Able to support and communicate the vision, mission and values of the church.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of five years of human resource management experience is preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired.
HELM Solutions, LLC
AddressBay Village, OH
BusinessView all jobs at HELM Solutions, LLC