Executive Assistant to the CEO
- $45,000 to $65,000 Yearly
Summary: The Executive Assistant reports directly to the CEO. The successful candidate will be committed to the mission and excited for the opportunity to leverage their organizational and interpersonal skills in support of Heart of Ohio Family Health’s work in a position that supports the CEO to provide visibility into strategic and programmatic decision-making.
The goal of the Executive Assistant is to alleviate the workload of the CEO by taking on administrative tasks.
At Heart of Ohio Family Health, we have a deep commitment to creating positive health outcomes and recognize that social determinants of health are inextricably linked to the total well-being of all people. We work in a fast-paced environment that values learning, innovation, and diverse perspectives. Heart of Ohio Family Health is committed to the health equity of all people and the potential executive assistant will be working in an environment that supports the propagation of an equitable society through healthcare.
Reports to: CEO
Dress Requirement: Business casual in accordance with Heart of Ohio Family Health’s dress code policy.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday during standard business hours, may include some non-standard hours such as early morning meetings and late evening board meetings and some weekends as needed.
Job Duties/Primary Responsibilities: Executive & Administrative Support
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the CEO, often responsible for acting on his behalf, with key stakeholders and partners, including the Board, staff, donors, and partners.
- Manage the CEO’s calendar and all scheduling, including the preparation of materials.
- Communicate on behalf of the CEO as authorized by CEO, including drafting personal correspondence and remarks.
- Proactively cultivate and steward relationships with key stakeholders and partners on behalf of the CEO.
- Manage data entry and follow through with relationships of the CEO.
- Perform other related duties and participate as assigned.
Board of Directors Support
- Serve as the administrative liaison to the Board of Directors.
- Schedule, plan, and execute all Board, and Board Committee meetings in a timely manner. This includes the preparation and dissemination of Board Minutes and briefing materials.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all Board and Committee members.
- Serve as the administrative liaison between the CEO & Leadership staff.
- Schedule, plan, and execute all leadership meetings with the CEO in a timely manner. This includes the preparation and dissemination of information for leadership meetings on behalf of the CEO.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all leadership members.
Problem - Solving
- Must be able to think innovatively to come up with solutions to different situations.
- Able to anticipate potential problems and create backup plans for potential issues that might arise.
- Provide comprehensive support for special initiative events and activities determined by the CEO.
- Promote a positive, productive, and inclusive working environment, working collaboratively and cross-functionally with the Heart of Ohio Family Health team.
We recognize that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences, and when reviewing applications, we take a broad look at the experience of each applicant. That said, we are most likely to be interested in your candidacy if you demonstrate the majority of the qualifications listed below:
- Personal commitment to promoting health equity in Columbus, OH.
- Previous experience as an Executive Assistant.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, agility to multi-task, and strong prioritization skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, professionalism, and positivity, in a very public-facing role, with comfort interacting and supporting individuals of a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to manage by influence and build strong internal and external relationships.
- Ability to work independently and proactively, synchronizing rapidly to anticipate the CEO’s needs.
- Ability to give and receive timely feedback.
- Technical skills Skilled in Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
Other office equipment as assigned
Heart of Ohio Family Health operates in multiple Columbus, OH, locations. All facilities have a medical office environment with front-desk reception area, separate patient examination rooms, nursing stations, pharmacy stock room, business offices, hallways and private toilet facilities. All facilities are on the main ground floor and ADA compliant.
Physical Demands and Requirements: these may be modified to accurately perform the essential functions of the position:
- Mobility = ability to easily move without assistance
- Bending = occasional bending from the waist and knees
- Reaching = occasional reaching no higher than normal arm stretch
- Lifting/Carry = ability to lift and carry a normal stack of documents and/or files
- Pushing/Pulling = ability to push or pull a normal office environment
- Dexterity = ability to handle and/or grasp, use a keyboard, calculator, and other office equipment accurately and quickly
- Hearing = ability to accurately hear and react to the normal tone of a person’s voice
- Visual = ability to safely and accurately see and react to factors and objects in a normal setting
- Speaking = ability to pronounce words clearly to be understood by another individual
Indicate Frequency of Factors that Contribute to this Position:
Frequency, 0 = never, 1 = occasionally, 2 = normally, 3= often, add explanation where needed
Normal, steady work pace
Randomly changing work pace
Fast, sometimes chaotic, high stress work pace
Independent decisions made without supervision
Exposure to trauma, grief, death, etc.
Exposure to disease or bacteria
HEART OF OHIO FAMILY HEA LTH CENTERSColumbus, OH
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.