Business Analyst III - Data Infrastructure & Analytics Team
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This is a remote position. There is limited expectations for regular in-person, in-office activities.
You're not the person who will settle for just any role. Neither are we. Because we're out to create a better world, and that takes a certain kind of person and teams who care about making a difference. Here, you'll bring your professional expertise, talent, and drive to be HR360's new Business Analyst III.
The Business Analyst will work closely with HR360's internal and external stakeholders to turn data into information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions. This data helps drive improvement in key business metrics, stakeholder experience and business results. The Business Analyst will also interact with various development teams, project managers, senior management, and external vendors.
This individual understands how data is turned into information and knowledge, and how the knowledge supports and enables key business processes. The Business Analyst must develop an in-depth understanding of the business environment and possess both strong analytical and communication skills. Further, the Business Analyst must work well within a team environment.
The Business Analyst III has advanced experience in performing business case analyses which measures/quantifies the impact and effectiveness of specific programs and performance. The Business Analyst III works cross functionally and directly supports department leaders in the development, analysis and interpretation of HealthRIGHT’s scope of business.Key Responsibilities
- Provide analytical expertise to leadership in areas critical to the organization’s overall strategy and performance.
- Possess an in-depth understanding of business strategy, processes, services, roadmap, and context in which the business operates to identify opportunities and direct projects.
- Recommend solutions in areas critical to organization’s overall and service line performance to inform agency decisions, strategy, and tactics.
- Collect, understand, and translate stakeholder requirements into actionable parameters for projects.
- Design and implement business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Develop Return On Investment (ROI) analysis for new strategies to improve organization performance.
- Maintain clear, accurate project documentation including the development of business cases, proposals, and summaries using project management methodologies. Identify risks and mitigate threats by managing issues and resolutions.
- Exhibit leadership for business analysts, and broader organization where appropriate.
- Act as critical liaison between business, technical, program and support teams translating technical ideas and analytical results to non-technical peers and stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
- Produce understandable reports and presentations that describe and communicate complex findings for a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Write SQL queries to develop, implement, and utilize databases and reporting tools to extract data, using data analysis programs. Visualize data using Power BI, Excel, or other visualization programs.
- Check ticking system for incoming requests; provide customer-centered, primary line of support for report/dashboard problems, data requests and other issues. Provide solution by researching problems and questions, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and applying available information and resources.
- Attend staff meetings, in-service meetings and participate in agency committees and task force activities as required.
- Demonstrate respectful, professional and appropriate behavior that supports a team oriented work environment.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission, core values and goals of HealthRIGHT 360 including the ability to integrate values of justice, respect, compassion, excellence and stewardship into appropriate programs and services.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education, Certification, and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Epidemiology, Metrics and Evaluation or Statistics, or equivalent 5 years or more of relevant experience.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills, including experience with managing and modeling of large data sets, required.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Analytics/Informatics or related preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience analyzing data in a healthcare environment preferred.
- Intermediate experience with or knowledge of data visualization techniques.
- Established business acumen including understanding of market dynamics, financial/budget management, data analysis and decision-making.
- Healthcare coding conventions and health plans experience a plus.
- 3+ years of experience designing, writing, and maintaining Epic reports and dashboards desired.
- Certification or knowledge of Epic Cogito, Caboodle data model, SlicerDicer, or Clarity data model a plus.
- Must not be on active parole or probation, clear with OIG database.
- Ability to obtain and maintain satisfactory background check.
- Advanced ability to operate computers and related software programs including Word, Excel, Outlook and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience writing SQL queries to develop, implement, and utilize databases and reporting tools to extract data.
- Experience conducting analyses using data analysis programs.
- Experience visualizing data using Power BI, Excel, or other visualization programs.
- Demonstrated healthcare experience in quantifying, measuring and analyzing financial and utilization metrics of healthcare.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common industry related journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, clients, and/or external groups.
In compliance with the California Department of Public Health's mandate, all employees must be able to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Medical and religious exemptions are available.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
AddressSan Francisco, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at HEALTHRIGHT 360