Billing Supervisor Job Responsibilities:
Maintains revenue by establishing, implementing, and controlling billing system; supervising staff.
Billing Supervisor Job Duties:
- Accomplishes billing human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Meets billing operational standards by contributing billing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying billing system improvements.
- Meets billing financial standards by providing annual billing budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Accomplishes billing departmental objectives by measuring billing results against plans; evaluating and improving methods; making required changes.
- Guides employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating billing policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines.
- Obtains revenue by resolving order and invoice disputes; maintaining customer relations; resolving problems with bank transfer.
- Approves credit memos by reviewing documentation.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Billing Supervisor Skills and Qualifications:
Qualifications: College or business degree preferred. High School graduate or equivalent required. Minimum of two (2) years of previous supervisory billing experience in a private practice or hospital setting or five years (5) experience in billing and collection in a health care facility or equivalent. Expert knowledge of billing software program is required. Advanced knowledge of Excel preferred. Strong oral and written communication skills Ability to foster an environment that nurtures collaboration, teamwork, and mutual respect Ability to work independently and perform critical work under deadlines. Informational needs of the hospital clinical and administrative departments, contract, insurance, government, and government funded payers Billing requirements of Medicare, Medi-Cal, insurances, contract payers, and government entities Credit and collection requirements to effect timely follow-up and resolution of accounts receivable balances. Demonstrated record of continuing education/training and professional development. Lifting Requirements Sedentary- generally, lifting not more then 30 lbs. maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as reports, files and small items.
Why Work Here?HealthQuest, P.C. is a privately owned and operated company that is seeking caring individuals who are committed to providing quality healthcare. This company aims to make every patient experience a pleasant and uplifting encounter. In like manner, HealthQuest's small circle of employees allows the company to give each employee individualized attention to ensure employees are happy in their roles. Although we are a busy office, our primary goal is to increase efficiency so that we can exceed the standard level of care. If you're looking for a career opportunity that uplifts you and your desire to make a positive difference in a world, apply with us and find out how we turn ambitious and caring people into success stories.
Awesome career opportunity to make a positive impact on the behavioral health community!