Urgent Care Physician - Medical Director Toms River, NJ
- 15 days ago
- $120 to $130 Hourly
Urgent Care Physician – Medical Director Toms River, NJ 08573
We are looking for a motivated Family Practice or Emergency Medicine Physician to join our team as medical director in our urgent care center in Toms River, NJ. The incoming physician will be providing direct oversight and supervision to the providers at their sites, as well as working regular shifts, seeing patients within our offices in Toms River and Brick, NJ.
Prior urgent care or walk-in center experience a plus, but not required! We are a rapidly growing company and there are advancement and professional development opportunities abound! The Medical Director shall be responsible for the direction, provision and quality of medical services provided to patients of the Urgent Care Center(s) in conjunction with the overall Company’s goals and direction.
Our mission is to consistently provide superior quality and compassionate care by combining medical expertise with understanding and sincerity. We offer cost-effective and convenient services while consistently focusing on exceptional patient treatment. Our goal is to provide outstanding care every day, every visit, one patient at a time. Our centers are staffed with physicians, advanced practice providers, healthcare professionals, and administrative staff. We treat both acute and chronic illnesses as well as injuries on a walk-in basis. Our patients benefit from radiology and lab services being available under one roof.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as supervisor between mid-level providers and the Chief Medical Officer, direct mid-level providers (as well as administrative and clinical staff in conjunction with Clinical Manager and Practice Administrator) to ensure quality of patient care and patient satisfaction
- Identify practice standards and areas for practice development
- Work closely with Chief Medical Officer to assist in maintaining clinical and operations policies commensurate with practice mission and goals
- Participate in chart review towards ensuring standard of care, compliance and, furthermore, continuity of care
- Participate in human resource process, specifically management of mid-level providers including conduct/oversight of training and evaluations
- Provide professional services to patients of the practice
- Develop and maintain written objectives, policies and a quality assurance program for the medical services provided at the Centers
- Participation in planning and budgeting for the Clinic
- Coordinating and integrating existing and new medical service lines
- Ensuring that medical staffing (ie. Providers, MA’s, Xray Tech.) is appropriate for the Center while working closely with Human Resources (HR) and the centers Office Manager to achieve this goal
- Participating in the recruitment of Medical Staff, review of credentials and their onboarding, assisting in developing and maintaining written job descriptions for the medical staff, and assigning duties based on education, training, competencies, and job descriptions
- Develop and implement a plan for medical staff meetings (a minimum of quarterly per calendar year) and their documentation by providing an agenda & minutes of each meeting
- Establish and implement a chart review process for providers that deliver medical care at the Center, to ensure that adequate documentation, appropriate delivery of medical care and continuity of medical care is occurring
- Develop a system to ensure the timely completion of medical records by the medical providers Entries shall be signed in accordance with state regulations and the Clinic’s policies/procedures
- Be available to the medical staff by way of in person or electronic means (phone, text or email) to provide medical guidance/advice on questions that may arise from the staff regarding a patient case, procedure or like situation during the centers operating hours.
- Assist HR in ensuring APN & PA Collaborative agreements are signed/aligned with state regulations
- Work with Human Resources to ensure that the providers are maintaining and submitting required certifications to Human Resources, i.e. NJ License, DEA, CDS, ACLS, CPR, NJ Student Cardiac Assessment, DOT certifications
- MD or DO with a specialty in either family or emergency medicine
- Physician licensed in NJ
- Controlled dangerous substance registration with the State of New Jersey
- Registration with the DEA of the U.S. Department of Justice
- Two (2) years’ experience in family medicine or emergency medicine in a clinical setting
- Prior urgent care or walk-in center experience a plus, but not required
- Certification as a Medical Examiner with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Certification as an examiner for Student Cardiac Assessments with the State of New Jersey
- ACLS and PALS(preferred) Certifications
- ~ 3x12 hour weekdays OR 2x12 hour weekdays and 2x8 hour weekend days
- Medical Directors work regular shifts seeing patients with midlevel providers, as well as providing supervision to the providers at their sites
- $120-$130 per hour
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Admin compensation
- Advancement and professional development opportunities
We are looking for a motivated, compassionate physician to help lead our team into the future. We are offering a competitive salary, great benefits, and the chance to work with an excellent team, who is well respected for bringing high quality care to those that need it most, when they need it most.
If this sounds like the job opportunity for you, then please contact us.
Please send your resume.
Powered by JazzHR
HEALTHCARE RECRUITMENT COUNSELORS
AddressToms River, NJ
HealthcareView all jobs at HEALTHCARE RECRUITMENT COUNSELORS
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?