Community-Led Events Specialist
- Expired: June 09, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Scope and Purpose: The Community-Led Events (CLE) Specialist is responsible for coordinating and executing the logistical, tactical and support related tasks for community-led events benefiting HAAM. Community-led events are events that are developed and hosted by supporters of HAAM. HAAM works with organizers to provide support for their events. The position also oversees the management and growth of the HAAM volunteer program (HAAMbassadors) to support the development and programmatic needs of the organization.
A strategic and integral member of the Development team, the CLE Specialist a key liaison to community members interested in supporting HAAMs mission through volunteerism or producing 3rd party events. This position will work closely with the Chief Development Officer as well as development and programmatic staff. This position will also assist in development and community engagement activities as needed.
This individual is responsible for vetting and supporting 3rd party events (including volunteer, collateral, communication, and staff matters). The CLE Specialist is also responsible for the HAAM Volunteer Program in support of development and programmatic volunteer opportunities. Key responsibilities include volunteer recruitment, management, and stewardship.
This is a part-time position (20-25 hours per week) reporting to the Chief Development Officer. Occasional evening and weekend hours required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as liaison between CLE event organizer(s) and HAAM
- Executes HAAM obligations per 3rd Party Donor Levels (website, social, volunteers, email, scheduling, merchandise, etc.).
- Develops and maintains relationships with supporters and 3rd party hosts within the community.
- Utilizes Salesforce, OneCause or other relevant tracking tool to provide weekly and monthly reports tracking.
- Notifies HAAM staff and leadership of key 3rd party event opportunities.
- Attends events and networking opportunities to reach supporters.
- Develops follow-up plans with contacts to obtain new and continued 3rd party events.
- Prepares various tracking reports to achieve 3rd party revenue goals.
- Identifies and researches potential 3rd party event opportunities to identify and evaluate potential funding sources. Makes initial contacts and follow-through as needed.
- Coordinates and/or serves as onsite representation for HAAM at 3rd party events unless otherwise noted.
- Regularly communicates with HAAM Volunteers (HAAMbassadors) to establish and maintain relationships. (Development of year-round volunteer and CLE stewardship campaign
Additional Support of HAAM Development
- Supports HAAM signature fundraising Events/Campaign (HAAM Day, Corporate Battle of the Bands, Ray Benson Birthday).
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends in volunteer management and recruitment
- Communicates effectively with other members of the HAAM staff, board, and donors in a cooperative manner consistent with HAAMs mission and philosophy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Must support the core values and mission of HAAM.
- Approaches daily work with enthusiasm and passion.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Possesses a collaborative, team-oriented spirit and willing to pitch in to help with any task needed.
- Must be proficient in the use of technology, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Mail, Dropbox, Google Drive, WordPress, and social media platforms.
- Ability to make decisions and manage projects in a changing and fast paced environment and anticipate future needs, even when limited information and resources are available.
- Always flexible to change.
- Ability to remain poised under pressure.
- Demonstrates a positive and Yes attitude while always striving to improve or make things better.
- Willingness to take ownership of projects.
- Ability to work well and be comfortable with a wide range of people at levels ranging from board members and CEO to community volunteers and local musicians.
Minimum Qualifications: Undergraduate college degree in hospitality, sales, marketing, or related field preferred. Two to four years proven track record in planning and implementing large and small events, and volunteer management preferred. Additional experience will supplement for educational preference.
HEALTH ALLIANCE FOR AUSTIN MUSICIANS
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at HEALTH ALLIANCE FOR AUSTIN MUSICIANS