Cultivation R&D Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Cultivation R&D Technician
Reports to: Director of Cultivation
Location: Carpinteria, CA
Headwaters is a leading supplier of bulk cannabis focused on cultivation, bulk commodity distribution, and consumer goods. Guided by the tenets of sustainable agriculture and a commitment to transparency, you can trust that Headwaters’ products do right by you, the environment, and the community.
Run by a group of cannabis innovators with a unique blend of business and agricultural knowledge, Headwaters is proud to be leading the Cannabis industry towards a sustainable future. At Headwaters, every decision we make—from production strategy to design—is guided by our three core values: Environmental Awareness, Community Partnership, and Personal Well-Being.
Nursery research and development (R&D) Technician will contribute to all steps in nursery product development and assist with greenhouse and field trials. The role will be a part of a collaborative team and creates an opportunity for the candidate to closely work across disciplines.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist with establishing, monitoring, maintaining, and evaluation of trials in the in-house greenhouse facility.
- Closely work with the team members, but perform with minimum supervision, specially under field conditions.
- Represent highly professional and ethical standards when communicating with analytical laboratories, suppliers, and collaborate with partner growers.
- Identify and report needs and issues in the R&D facilities and field trials to management.
- Comply with all safety, environmental and health regulations and procedures.
- Operates spreadsheets, word processing, database management, and other applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills & Requirements:
- BSc or MSc in Plant/Crop Science, Agronomy (or related fields), with 2-5 year (BSc) or 1-3 year (MSc) relevant work experience.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to communicate professionally and effectively at multiple levels both inside and outside of the organization.
- Highly proficient with Tableau, SQL, and Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong track record of performing high impact business analysis and building useful data tools with tangible business results.
- Strong storytelling – interpreting insights into a concise and compelling story others can embrace.
- Possess a thorough understanding of cultivation, operations, internal systems and network functions.
- Complete tasks and projects in an accurate, timely, and efficient manner.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, and collaborative environment with a diverse group of individuals.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish mandatory.
- Flexibility to work off-hours to meet company obligations to include by not limited to weekends
- Perform other duties as assigned by Headwater’s management.
- No recreational cannabis-use or other substance abuse is tolerated during work hours
- Must be 21+ years of age
- Must have legal working status
- Ground floor opportunity in a fast-growing startup
- Collaborative culture with a supportive team
- A great place to work with unlimited growth opportunities
Headwaters provides equal employment opportunities for team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. We hire and promote individuals based on their qualifications for the position to be filled. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Powered by JazzHR
AgricultureView all jobs at HEADWATERS