Director of Vascular Technologists Greenbelt, MD 20770
Director of Vascular Technologists will balance patient interaction and technological performance with a firm knowledge of anatomy and pathology, working cohesively with a healthcare team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversees the daily operations of the vascular department including patient flow,staffing, staff performance and development, timecard review, orientation and clinical training for new hires and ultrasound students.
· Responsible for the use and interpretation of ultrasound procedures, conducts sonographic procedures on all patients through the use of highly sophisticated equipment.
· Developing and updating lab protocols, and all quality assurance.
· Participate in educational opportunities, maintain professional networks, participate in professional organizations
· Utilize appropriate customer service skills during interactions with patients, physicians visitors, staff, and other personnel
· Attend periodic team meetings
· Maintain accurate and detailed reports and records
· Assists in the recruitment of Vascular Technologists
· Assist in the training of new Physicians and/ or Vascular Tech staff as needed
· Work together with the team members at the center(s) to reach center goals
· Excellent clinical, analytical, and diagnostic skills
· Comprehensive knowledge of venous insufficiency
· Strong work ethic and commitment to patient care and customer service
· Ability to provide strong leadership
· Ability to supervisor, train, coach, provide staff development, and evaluate work results
· Attention to detail, organization
· Flexibility and adaptability as it relates to schedules, responsibilities and priorities
· The ability to work as a team with patients, physicians and staff/co-employees
Required Education and Experience:
· Education: Bachelor's degree
· Experience: 3-5 years of experience in a progressive administrative and leadership role.
· License/Certification: ARDMS-RVT, RDCS- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer, or RVS
Brian Torchin / CEO