full time Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) Phoenix AZ
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, in collaboration with the physician(s), provides medical care and treatment for clients with psychiatric illnesses along the lifespan in an outpatient or tele-psych setting. Treatment includes assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating and evaluating the patient care amongst a multi-disciplinary team.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Responds to and initiates care for those requiring mental health services throughout our facilities.
- Identifies patient mental health problems and prescribes treatment under direction of a physician.
- Implements mental health services utilizing therapeutic regimens approved by a psychiatrist.
- Provides mental health education to patients, healthcare and medical staff.
- Provide health/behavioral health assessment (including differential diagnoses, prognosis), treatment recommendations and treatment planning for clients across program types.
- Provide medication management for clients on medication and intermittent reassessment (as needed) for those assessed (but not on medication). Medication provision includes the direct delivery of injectables.
- Provide counseling, brief therapy, psychoeducation about health/behavioral health and other care for clients as planned by the treatment team and to support the treatment plan of the client. Participate in case reviews and contribute to treatment planning goal setting.
- Provide consultations to non-medical staff on complex cases
- Communicate with health care providers outside of the agency and interpretation of health results for client care planning.