Description of role: This role is intended for someone who is a self-starter with a strong working knowledge of bathroom finishes, furniture and cabinet installation, trim carpentry skills. Our team members get to experience a wide variety of tasks within hotel and multi-family projects.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- A minimum of 3 years carpentry experience with the ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction.
- Knowledge of construction/building design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Ability to perform basic plan reading and use of mathematics for basic layout and measuring.
- Ability to identify problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and verbal instructions in English.
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Skills in manual dexterity, including to quickly move hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Skills in inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Ability to use hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Skills in developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Ability to lift 35-40 pounds consistently and 70 pounds occasionally with assistance; proper lifting techniques required.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time. Approximately 95-100% of time on the job is spent standing up.
- Ability to travel to job site as required
Work schedule: Typically Monday thru Friday with an occassional Saturday if needed. Depending on the project, normal working hours start at 6:45 A.M. until 5:00 P.M.
Health insurance, vision and dental insurance, IRA with company match, paid vacation & holidays, overtime pay, and room for advancement.