Premier Small Business is a business solutions firm that focuses on the needs of small business owners by providing a full range of professional services. We work with our clients on a personal level to better understand their business and individual financial needs and goals. We leverage our seasoned expertise, yet trustworthy and credible know-how to determine the best solution that fits their individual needs. Our mission is to serve as a mediator between taxpayers and the tax revenue agencies and educate to enable clients to enjoy more earned income with less taxes. Our services include financial statement analysis, tax planning, tax preparation, and much more.
It is our vision to grow internally as a team while empowering business owners to use their gifts and grow profits and giving them a peace of mind knowing their financial matters are in order. We inspire business owners to not create a job for themselves but to build a legacy for their families with proper retirement planning and tax savings. The firm’s Leadership demonstrate qualities, such as inspiration, empathy, honesty, and accountability. Our work environment is welcoming, respectful, collaborative, and growth oriented. We know that people blossom and deliver their best work when they have a sense of belonging as well as inclusion. Our culture provides a sense of belonging by valuing diverse viewpoints and fostering respectful social norms.
We are seeking an Office Manager-Staff Accountant that is detailed oriented, personable, trustworthy, and financially responsible for the Chesapeake, Virginia office. The Staff Accountant works directly with the Business Owner-CEO and is responsible for general administrative tasks, maintaining records of financial transactions, and compliance with legal requirements. The Office Manager-Staff Accountant will be a customer-oriented and analytical professional who can demonstrate the company’s core values, such as integrity, reliability, pleasant character, can-do attitude, customers first, respectful, and promotes interest in the business. In this position, the Office Manager-Staff Accountant will be able to roll up one’s sleeves to address client issues and on-board new client accounts. The business is growing; therefore, the Office Manager-Staff Accountant will be expected to leverage engaging communications skills with diplomacy, tact, and finesse to maintain and build trusting client relations. As we inspire and help business owners build their legacies, you can join us; let’s work together to make the client’s life less taxing.
POSITION: Exempt COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Manage subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions
- Bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Monthly reports
§ Admin tasks: Field calls, set-up new client accounts, address client issues, and maintain CEO’s calendar
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Required: Associates Degree in related field with a minimum of 3 years of related experience or five years of experience in related field
- Working knowledge of processing payroll
- Proficiency with Quick Books Software
- Strong organizational, analytical, and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to be diplomatic and tactful with finesse
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to details
- Ability to handle special projects with minimal supervision
- A high degree of integrity and reliability
- Self-motivation and detailed-oriented
- Ready to learn quickly and independently
- Familiar and Proficient with Accounting technology and software
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Monday – Thursday work week, 9 am – 5 pm
- Occasional evening or weekend work hours (via email, phone, or text)
- An engaging, diverse, and inclusive culture that empowers you to bring your whole-self and best to work
- Flexible schedule and work-life balance
- Work that is meaningful and effective
- On-the-job training, support, and coaching.
- Holiday pay
HOW TO APPLY
No later than August 7th, submit your cover letter and resume to:
If you have questions about the position, no calls. Send an email and we will respond promptly.
Cover letter: Include your specific interest in this position and why you are the best customer-focused candidate.
Resume: Must include
- Relevant position experience
- Technology experience: software applications and virtual office in the last 1-5 years.
- Accounting, job related education and training completed
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Premiere Small Business does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.