- 382 licensed beds
- 24-hour emergency room
- Innovative and customized cardiovascular services, including heart and vascular surgery
- State of the art imaging and endoscopy services for more accurate diagnosis and treatment plans
- Inpatient rehab for physical recovery from stroke, trauma, orthopedic injuries and more
- Neurosciences program including our Joint-Commission-accredited Primary Stroke Center and the Sleep Center of Excellence
- Women's Center and pediatric services with access to pediatric specialists 24/7
Provides direct patient care to infant through geriatric patient.
Addresses the physical and general aspects of care related to the surgical environment.
Communicates with surgeon continuously as needed about the patient's condition.
Assist surgeon during operative and invasive procedures providing aid in exposure, hemostasis, closure, and other intraoperative technical functions that help the surgeon carry out a safe operation with optimal results for the patient.
In addition to intraoperative duties, the surgical assistant also performs preoperative and postoperative duties to better facilitate proper patient care.
The surgical assistant performs these functions during the procedure under the direction and supervision of the surgeon and in accordance with hospital policy and appropriate laws and regulations.
Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Holds either a State of Texas surgical assistant license and/or maintains certification from either the National Surgical Assistant Association, National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting, American Board of Surgical Assistants or any other national certifying or licensing body of recognized standing.
- BLS required.
- Current National Surgical Technologist certification required from an accredited educational program for surgical technologist and completion of a Surgical Assisting Program or medical graduate such as Medical Doctor, Doctor of Osteopathy or foreign medical graduate.
- Minimum 2 years previous experience as Certified Surgical Technologist preferred
- 1 year previous experience as a First Assist preferred