Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career as an Social Worker III in the Behavioral Health and Wellness Center with The Medical Center of Aurora. Submit your application today!
Our colleagues come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met.
- Behavioral health
- Dental and vision
Retirement and Money
- HCA 401 (K) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible spending account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan assistance
- Clinical certifications support
- HCA Healthcare Scholars Program
Time Away from Work
- Paid time off
- Paid family leave
- Short-term and long-term disability
The Medical Center of Aurora is Metro Denver's first community hospital to earn two-time Magnet Recognition for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), and is a 346-bed acute care hospital in Aurora, CO. The Medical Center of Aurora is comprised of six campus in Aurora and Centennial, CO, including the Main Campus, North Campus (Behavioral Health and Wellness Center), Centennial Medical Plaza, Saddle Rock ER, Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital, Spalding Rehabilitation at P/SL and a medical office building at Green Valley Ranch. The main campus is a level II trauma Facility with Primary Stroke Certification and Chest Pain Certification accreditation, serving the eastern metro area and I-70 corridor.
- Adult Inpatient
- Adult Intensive Outpatient (IOP)
- Geriatric Inpatient
- Adolescent Inpatient
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
- HealthONE Crisis Assessment Team
- Two-time Magnet Recognition
- Level II Trauma Center
- Newly constructed patient care units
- All TMCA physicians are Board-certified or Board-eligible
- TMCA utilizes an Electronic Health Record
- TMCA is an HCA hospital; HCA is the nation's leading provider of healthcare services
- Behavioral Health is the fastest growing service line within HCA
- Long history with the local Aurora community
- Diverse population supports rich clinical experiences
The Social Worker III position supports the mission of The Medical Center of Aurora/Centennial Medical Plaza of optimizing the quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person. The Social Worker III is responsible for assessing the psychological, social, cultural and/or financial needs that impact the high-risk patients' health and recovery, for completing initial assessments and treatment plans, documenting patients' daily progress, participating in treatment team meetings to discuss patients' progress and assist with discharge planning needs. Needs to be familiar/comfortable with individual, group, and family therapy as these are the primary modalities utilized at the Medical Center of Aurora. Has the ability to utilize counseling skills and clinical knowledge in the assessment of these needs and provide appropriate care. Responsible and accountable for coordination of treatment with an interdisciplinary team, which provides a clinical and psychosocial approach through the continuum of care and balances individually identified patient and family needs with the efficacious and cost effective utilization of resources.
The Medical Center of Aurora/Centennial Medical Plaza expects our core values to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community. The intent of these values is to assure that TMCA/CMP creates the environment where individuals choose to work, and that patient care services are of the highest quality.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Licensed mental health clinician (LCSW, LMFT, LPC, etc.) in the state of Colorado preferred.
- Master Degree from an accredited university in Counseling, Social Work, MFT, Psychology, etc., required.
- 3-5 years recent clinical experience in counseling in an acute care setting.
- 5-7 years of recent clinical experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Experience with working with a variety of issues and population, including adolescents, adults and geriatrics. Experience with working with substance abuse, trauma, depression, anxiety, etc.
- Must have excellent written, verbal and ...