DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Alpenglow Short Stay Assisted Living - 3801 Lake Otis Anchorage, AL 99508
PRN, Part-time, and Full-time shifts available (8 and 10 hour shifts available)
Alpenglow seeks a highly skilled, dedicated and professional Registered Nurse to join our team. We provide work life balance and competitive salaries, as well as profit sharing and 401k after meeting eligibility requirements.
The Alpenglow RN
Alpenglow is a short-stay assisted living home where the RN assists with the recovery of clients from certain orthopedic surgeries. Alpenglow RNs promote self-management and assist family members or friends in caring for their loved ones. Here, you still provide direct nursing care and use all the skills you’ve learned, but the environment can be less physically demanding than other RN specialties. Each day can be different, you will need flexibility and good assessment skills, basic case management knowledge is helpful.
We value you and your future. We provide multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today’s life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately, you are encouraged to apply today!
Any hospital nursing experience is beneficial when working in Alpenglow. You will work with other nurses from various backgrounds, enabling you to build on your previous knowledge by learning from your colleagues’ experiences.
The Alpenglow RN will review each client’s history and then meet with the client prior to their scheduled case. Whether preparing your client for a procedure or helping them recover, Alpenglow nurses provide psychological support and coaching for clients and their family members. Discharge planning and teaching take place as clients recover and some clients may need orthopedic equipment for home use. Family members or friends will be providing home care, and you will provide teaching before the client’s discharge. In addition, good communication with the providers is vital; reporting any changes in condition is especially important.
While schedules are generally predicable staff may be asked to work varying shifts to assist in client census. On busy days, there can be rapid client turnover as well as a variety of operational duties to be performed. Shifts after 3:30 p.m. receive a generous shift differential and after 10 p.m., the shift differential doubles. In addition to the work being less physically demanding, other positives include a pleasant work environment and collaboration with physical therapists, orthopedic surgeons, and physician assistants.
Learn more about Alpenglow Short Stay Assisted Living at www.AlpenglowAlaska.com.
• Considers compassionate, skillful client care a top priority
• Takes ownership for personal growth and development
• Works as a team for the good of the team and its commitment to client care
• Embraces excellence, honesty, compassion and respect
• Supervise, direct, and assist clients with activities of daily living
• Perform nursing assessments, interventions, and evaluations
• Deliver timely and effective physical, social and emotional care
• Promote recovery, function and independence of clients
• Assess and prioritize multiple requests by clients, families, and team members
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Knowledge of nursing science, principles, techniques, and procedures for the care of clients
• Knowledge of healthcare terminology, anatomy, physiology and concepts of disease
• Knowledge of orthopedic and postsurgical nursing
• Knowledge of factors related to safety, effectiveness and evidence based-practice
• Skill in operating a personal computer using a variety of software applications and EHR
• Graduate of school of professional nursing
• Current registered nurse license with the State of Alaska
• Current BLS
• Food Workers Card (available through the Municipality of Anchorage)
• Remain active with all annual licensing
Preferred (in addition to required) Qualifications:
• One (1) year of Registered Nurse experience in an acute care setting
Candidates meeting the above skills and qualifications and desiring to be part of a client centered, professional environment are invited to apply.