DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
HCA has been recognized as a World’s Most Admired Company in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130+ surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO nights, NO weekends, or On-call will be required. The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
We value you and your future. We provide multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today’s life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately, you are encouraged to apply today!
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES - Under the direction of a Physician, the Radiology Tech performs a variety of diagnostic radiographic procedures in compliance with established protocols to promote positive patient outcomes.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Completes duties according to the requirements of each procedure requiring radiological support.
- Assembles necessary supplies and positioning aids for scheduling procedures according to physician’s preference card.
- Tests and monitors equipment for proper working condition.
- Accurately comprehends and interprets verbal orders and direction.
- Documents records and other forms, accurately adhering to approved policies/procedures.
- Confirms that all persons in the room are appropriately shielded before activating x-ray.
- Communicates information about the patient’s status to other persons responsible for patient care.
- Applies the prescribed procedures to competently perform radiology technician functions.
- Follows principles of aseptic technique in performing duties during the procedure.
- Remains available during the procedure to provide timely responses to physician or patient needs.
- Follows manufacturer’s specifications and OSHA guidelines when performing x-ray procedure.
- Performs required maintenance of instruments, supplies, and equipment by adhering to cleaning care, storage, and calibration procedures as directed.
- Handles equipment and instruments correctly to provide appropriate availability and safety.
- Maintains adequate supplies to provide immediate availability during the procedure.
- Actively participates in staff orientation, training, education programs, performance improvement, and quality control activities and initiatives.
- Competent and responsible in prevention of contamination and transfer of infection.
- Completes on-going continual education to improve job performance, maintain licensure/certification/registration, and stays abreast of current trends and practices.
EDUCATION: Graduate of accredited school of radiology (required).
EXPERIENCE: Minimum two (2) years required; preferably in an operating room or surgery center setting.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE/REGISTRATION: ARRT (R), BLS required; state license as required; Specialty certifications may be required as per state guidelines and/or modality.