DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
- Highly supported Women's Services Leadership
- Nurses are encouraged to set and reach their goals
- 24-hour Neonatologist support
- Onsite active Lactation Specialist
- Baby & Mother Friendly facility
- At Medical City Healthcare our nurses are FAMILY!
The Labor & Delivery Registered Nurse is responsible for planning and providing individual goal directed nursing care that promotes, advocates for, and strives to protect the health, safety and rights of the individual, family and community. The L&D RN possesses knowledge of the principles of growth and development and the particular skills necessary to provide optimum patient care to the population for which he or she is employed. The RN is accountable for their practice and care coordination. The RN is expected to practice autonomously utilizing evidence based practices.
- Associates (required) or Bachelor (preferred) of Science in Nursing
- Minimum 1 year recent experience in Labor & Delivery
- Must have current or compact licensure in the state of Texas
- Current BLS, ACLS, NRP and AWHONN