SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
- Identifies critical issues, prioritize workload and communicate to appropriate personnel any issues in a timely manner
- Completes all education requirements and/or other activities needed to maintain competency
- Interacts in person and by phone with hospital personnel politely and appropriately.
- Accurately maintains required documentation logs
- Complies with facility policy and procedures and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for maintaining medication storage and security as per regulatory requirements throughout the organization
- Performs quality control and performance improvement functions as assigned
- Accurately performs and documents monthly medication storage area inspections as assigned
- Performs basic billing functions
- Completes basic OR charges in a timely manner as assigned
- Accurately performs required calculations
- Accurately and safely compounds and label medications and parenteral admixtures
- Always utilizes aseptic techniques in the preparation of parenteral compounding
- Compliant with all USP 797 shift/daily/monthly requirements (i.e. Cleaning laminar airflow cabinets and biological safety cabinets, wearing personal protective equipment, etc.)
- Always obtains a final check from the pharmacist before releasing any prepared parenteral compounds, before packaging any medication, or dispensing any medication.
- Prepares all work records needed for day at their designated times including the Discontinued, Transfers, and Discharges Lists of parenteral preparations and efficiently processes these reports before they are dispensed to the patient care areas.
- Accurately transports medications and other pharmacy supplies in a timely manner to appropriate areas..
- Accurately fills orders in the pharmacy
- Process medication returns and restocking to the pharmacy
- Provide basic technical support for automated dispensing machines and other pharmacy computer systems
- Performing daily ADC routines as assigned (i.e. restocks, outdates, discrepancy resolution, loading and unloading, etc.)
- Replenishes ADCs, emergency cart trays and floor stock accurately and as needed
- Accurately packages and prepares medications for dispensing as assigned
- Appropriately and timely notifies the pharmacy inventory manager of products that need to be reordered.
- Complies with ongoing processes to monitor outdates as per policy and procedures
- Performs receiving and check in of medication/supply orders as defined in policy and notifies the pharmacy inventory manager of any shortages, overages or product damage.
- Manages drug supplies in a cost effective manner and identifies opportunities to minimize waste.
- Nationally Certified Technician within one year of hire
- At least 1 year experience
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.