Since opening our doors in 1975, Medical City Plano a 513 bed facility has provided Plano and Collin County with superior healthcare. We've built our reputation on the exceptional compassion we offer all our patients, a legacy preserved from our simple beginnings as a small community hospital. Now, as a world-class medical facility offering the latest in technologies and a comprehensive range of healthcare services, Medical City Plano continues its growth to maintain its position as a leader in healthcare across the region.
Join our team and you will experience a total rewards package to support your health, life, career and 401K retirement including:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to progress in function, skill, and pay
- A competitive wage scale with annual merit increases
- Generous tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment and clinical certification support
- A comprehensive health and wellness package including medical, dental and prescription drug coverage
- HCA's Time Away From Work Program that combines paid time off, disability coverage and leaves of absence (including paid family leave)
- Performs patient rounds to extend hospitality and to provide information.
- Facilitates services for ADA services
- Supports staff in the facilitation of service recovery opportunities as well as maintain stock of service recovery supplies.
- Demonstrates the ability to coach and mentor staff and leaders throughout the organization in regards to best practices in advocacy and service recovery
- Serves as a resource and consultant for patient rights, advance directives and the patient grievance process
- Assists in resolution of lost patient valuables
- Assists in the provision of language services and interpreters as well as report data and trends
- Maintains documentation of complaints and reports data as well as any trends
- Uses critical thinking skills to determine best course of action to resolve complaints in collaboration with patient care team, leadership and administration.
- Assesses and identifies patient care concerns which may need to escalated for more in depth investigation.
- Supports service excellence initiatives through internal and interdepartmental strategies
- Ability to consistently maintain and re-prioritize workload
- Bachelors Degree with emphasis in healthcare, nursing, psychology, sociology, public relations or other related course of study.
- Experience with patient advocacy, conflict resolution and customer relations required
- 5 years or more customer service experience
- Spanish speaker a plus
- Hospital experience preferred
- Experience with language services