DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
HCA has been recognized as a World’s Most Admired Company in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130+ surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO nights, NO weekends, or On-call will be required. The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
$5,000 Sign-on Bonus for those who qualify!
Afew of the benefits we provide you:
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment Program
- Full Medical, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision Insurance
- 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
- New Extended Family Leave and PTO
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Discount Program
TheCharge Nurse is responsible for overseeing a designated clinical department.Duties may include delegating nursing assignments, preparing schedules,overseeing admissions and discharges, and monitoring and ordering medicines andsupplies. In addition to these managerial tasks, charge nurses are alsoresponsible for providing direct patient care accordingly with facilitypractice.
General RN Duties
- Demonstrates necessary practical, technical or specialized knowledge and skills required for the role of the peri-operative nurse in accordance with AORN and other regulatory standards of practice.
- Demonstrates knowledge of surgical procedures and has the ability to oversee the instrument and equipment set-up, prepare for the case utilizing preference cards, and anticipates needs of surgeon.
- Coordinates and oversees the room during a case as the circulator.
- Facilitates effective and efficient transition between surgical procedures.
- Utilizes preference cards and updates as necessary.
- Utilizes appropriate body mechanics in moving patients, stretchers, and OR tables to prevent injury to patient and self.
- Demonstrates knowledge/understanding of management of patient, including being available to anesthesia during intubation and extubation, assisting as needed in sudden changes in patient condition i.e. cardiopulmonary arrest, Malignant Hyperthermia, etc., and being readily available to assist as directed.
- Performs thorough patient interview and assessment in accordance with procedure and assures an appropriate, detailed time out process is done according to policy.
- Consistently reviews charts for completeness, in accordance with documentation protocols prior to and after the surgical procedure. Assures appropriate consent, H/P, diagnostic reports, and relevant information are on chart prior to the start of procedure.
- Ensures that H/P is a complete full examination of all body systems and dated within 30-days prior to procedure.
- Ensures that H/P, orders for the procedure, and consent form are consistent prior to placing in medical chart.
- Prepares and administers medications in accordance with current practice (i.e. review physician orders, pre-op antibiotics, preparing/labeling medications on/off field, utilizing the 7 medication rights, identifying high alert medications, conducting independent double checks when indicated, and narcotic waste, etc.). Assures only licensed personnel administer medications.
- Relays appropriate hand off communication to PACU staff to ensure continuity of care.
- Performs nurse circulator duties as assigned.
- Participates in the anesthesia time-out process if performed in the pre-op area prior to administration of pre-operative blocks or prior to the induction of anesthesia.
- Takes responsibility for careful and accurate handling and/or logging of narcotics, biohazardous materials, and surgical specimens.
- Recognizes emergency situations and responds effectively in a calm and controlled manner.
- Assures all members of the surgical team comply with principles of surgical hand asepsis, aseptic, and sterile technique.
- Demonstrates knowledge related to maintenance, cleanliness, and sterilization of instruments and equipment. Maintains a sanitary environment for the provision of patient care.
- Appropriately handles the disposal of biohazardous materials.
- Restocks area daily, using appropriate par levels and daily stock sheets.
- Prepares procedure room for use the following day by bringing in equipment, setting up, "pulling cases" accurately, and reporting to supervisor items that are needed and not available.
- Spends appropriate time and energy on tasks and assignments based on the policies that are supportive of the Center’s goals and objectives.
- Functions independently according to job responsibilities and within scope of practice utilizing current standards of care.
- Takes personal initiative to maintain current RN licensure, BCLS, ACLS/PALS (if indicated) and other professional certifications current as defined by job role.
- Uses facility resources appropriately and avoids wasteful practices.
- Attends all mandatory in-services, staff meetings and participates in emergency drills.
- Participates in the orientation of new employees.
- Completes annual competency and other required education as assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of records and patient information at all times.
- Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
- While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current Position, it is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. Management reserves the right to revise the Position or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances warrant (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel or staffing, workload, rush jobs, or technical developments).
We are an equalopportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do notdiscriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Minimum 2 years experience in an operating room setting; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center.
- One year supervisory experience.
- Active RN license as required by state of employment or appropriate compact licensure.
- Valid BCLS Certification upon employment. ***online certification not acceptable.
- ACLS as required by facility.
- CNOR certification preferred.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.