DescriptionSHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Wesley Medical Center - Wichita, Kansas
Medical Technologist - Blood Bank/Critical Care Lab
One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high quality medical services Wesley offers. It also includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley Medical Center. Wesley Medical Center is an acute care center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. As a leader in overall recommend care, Wesley treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies - more than any hospital in a 13 state region! Wesley Healthcare owns and operates Wesley Medical Center, Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER, Wesley Children’s Hospital, Wesley West ER, Wesley Derby ER and multiple WesleyCare clinics.
The Medical Technologist, under general supervision, performs, evaluates, and reports clinical laboratory test results used by the physician to diagnose and treat patients. This includes specimen collection, specimen manipulation, equipment operation and trouble shooting, quantitative and qualitative analytic evaluation and communication of results.
- Performs clinical laboratory test procedures for high complexity testing according to written procedures, and communicates results to appropriate caregiver
- Evaluates acceptability of test results by applying knowledge of specimen suitability, test methodology, quality control parameters, age-related factors, critical values and disease-related factors, and verifies the results if acceptable
- Exhibits problem-solving abilities and takes appropriate remedial and corrective action when test results are equivocal or equipment malfunction occurs to ensure accuracy and timeliness of results
- Documents work activities and reports test results by utilizing clerical and computer functions to ensure accurate and timely reporting of results
- Obtains specimens by venipuncture, heel stick, or other appropriate methods from patients of all ages, newborn through geriatric, when requested, to assist in efficient lab operation
- Performs quality control, equipment calibration and equipment maintenance procedures according to written procedures to ensure accurate and timely lab results
- Trains new employees, instructs medical technology students and MLT students and presents staff continuing education/in-service programs as requested to ensure a well trained and educated staff
Here is what we can offer you:
- Tuition Reimbursement & Student Loan Repayment
- Certification Bonus and Voucher system
- Dependent Scholarships
- 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- And more!
Required Registration, Licensure or Certification:
- Current certification as a Medical Technologist by the AmericanSociety of Clinical Pathologists or CAHEAapproved equivalent registry
Required Education or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, or biological science, or medical technology from an accredited institution
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.