Integrated Regional Laboratories (IRL) as part of HCA Healthcare, is seeking a dynamic, motivated hospital based Lab Supervisor like you to join our organization. This opportunity is with Fawcett Memorial Hospital in Port Charlotte, FL.
IRL is a full service provider for clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing hospitals, physicians, and clients with timely diagnostic information for patient care. Our infrastructure includes a fully automated esoteric core laboratory in Fort Lauderdale, a histology and microbiology operation in Largo, Florida and in Alachua Florida, and a network of hospital based rapid-response laboratories throughout Florida. Through the process of re-engineering and the application of leading edge automation technology, IRL has transformed laboratory operations into an integrated service network. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, a generous benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, employee discount program, tuition reimbursement, tuition repayment assistance, and employee stock purchase program.
As a Supervisor with IRL, you will:
- Supervise technical and/or non-technical laboratory personnel and daily operations in assigned areas/shifts to achieve organization and regulatory requirements.
- Supervise processes, service levels, and regulatory compliance in assigned areas. Functional areas of responsibility may include, but are not limited to technical discipline areas in which department is licenses, specimen collection, specimen processing and specimen referral testing. Perform technical and non-technical duties in assigned areas of responsibility as required.
- Develop, implements, and monitors new policies and processes.
- Develop monitoring systems for the collection, documentation and reporting of quality assessment and improvement data; extracts pertinent information from quality assessment and improvement studies, initiates corrective action plans, and re-monitors results
- Concurrently monitor resource utilization, including payroll, supplies and expenses, client volume and revenue variation reports, outpatient volume reports, mileage and expense logs; participates in MOR. Takes action immediately, as needed, to rectify problems.
- Be responsible to ensure the weekly and monthly corporate key indicators are an accurate measurement of past and current performance for a basis for proactive response to a changing environment.
- Prepares and submits capital expenditure requests, department projections and annual budget.
- Evaluate existing systems and processes and develops corrective action plans for service/quality trends identified Initiates changes and monitors for improvement.
- Ensure that departments proactively respond to feedback from customers (internal and external) and implements improvement mechanisms to enhance the overall ability of the department to meet the customer's needs for laboratory services.
- You will also be responsible for achieving department goals for service, quality, regulatory compliance, financial performance, personnel management, patient satisfaction, healthy work environment, and integration of intra and inter-departmental activities in areas of responsibility.
- Concurrently monitor resource utilization, including payroll, supplies and expenses, client volume and revenue variation reports, outpatient volume reports, mileage and expense logs; participates in MOR. Takes action immediately, as needed, to rectify problems
- Ensure the weekly and monthly corporate key indicators are an accurate measurement of past and current performance for a basis for proactive response to a changing environment.
- Ensure legal and ethical practices are always maintained.
- Prepare and submits capital expenditure requests, department projections and annual budget.
- Monitor and evaluates the activities of the staff and provides management, coaching, guidance, delegation opportunities, and on-the-job training and re-training as necessary to ensure operational efficiency and adherence to policies and procedures; fosters
- Maintain department education files, including new employee orientation checklist, equipment training checklist, mandatory in-service attendance confirmation and continuing education
- Review all department employee job descriptions at least annually and revises, as needed. Provides employees with a new job description if substantive changes are made.
- Screen, interview and select qualified individuals for open positions within the department.open communication by offering, encouraging, and accepting suggestions from staff regarding department operations.
- Develop and monitors improvement action plans, as needed, to correct poor job performance.
- Initiate counseling and discipline according to policies and procedures.
- Perform termination, status changes, and other personnel actions are completed in a timely fashion.
- Review and approves payroll time sheets, purchasing requisitions, check requests, and scheduling requests.
- Ensure employee injuries are reported within specified time frames and IRL policy/procedure for work related injuries is followed and support.
- Complete and conduct performance evaluations for all staff under ...